Irish Current Affairs.

What’s the opinion up North about the threat from Westminster of the alternative to an active Assembly being governance from London and Dublin. I know that’s not exactly what it would be but the wording and optics of that were always going to infuriate Unionism.
They’ve since retracted that but was that intentional?
Is it like a gift for the election campaign to the DUP.
The only way the DUP will go into Assembly is with a majority over Sinn Fein. Is it a tactic to increase their vote?
Cant speak for everyone, but id rather not be governed by London...not aware of the "threat" of part governance from Dublin (how would that work??)....its not because i fear/doubt the decisions made by London, its more that theyd do absolutely feck all too, and still nothing would be done....London absolutely do not want to have to deal with us too. So all in all, i think it was a pretty empty threat tbh

Ultimately i dont think there will be any change in result all all

Cant speak for everyone, but id rather not be governed by London...not aware of the "threat" of part governance from Dublin (how would that work??)...
Probably the way foreign policy for NI works now, discussion and negotiation between Dublin and London. We've 25 years of practice at this stage tbf.

Cant speak for everyone, but id rather not be governed by London...not aware of the "threat" of part governance from Dublin (how would that work??)....its not because i fear/doubt the decisions made by London, its more that theyd do absolutely feck all too, and still nothing would be done....London absolutely do not want to have to deal with us too. So all in all, i think it was a pretty empty threat tbh

Ultimately i dont think there will be any change in result all all
I think they were really talking about joint stewardship of some institutions, which already happens, and is catered for within the GFA but that’s not how it was received.

Any political programs I’ve watched, both Irish and BBC has the DUP making capital out of the soundbite.

I think they were really talking about joint stewardship of some institutions, which already happens, and is catered for within the GFA but that’s not how it was received.

Any political programs I’ve watched, both Irish and BBC has the DUP making capital out of the soundbite.
I thought the BBC asking the editor of a unionist newspaper to explain the situation was a bit of a piss take.

I thought the BBC asking the editor of a unionist newspaper to explain the situation was a bit of a piss take.
It makes you wonder if they’re throwing the DUP a lifeline just in case SF got a bigger majority.

The cynic in me thinks this is possibly so. We’ll see how the Gov and BBC perform between now and a December election.

Reactions: mat
You've obviously never been Aberdeen on a Friday night:-)

Plus they voted against indy which was madness as far as I'm concerned
I live in Dalkeith where the pavements are rolled up on a Friday evening to keep them safe.
The comment was more than slightly t.i.c.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.