Irish Independent Article

Thaksinssoldier said:
Dear Sir,

I would like to make you aware of my disatisfaction at the article penned by this so called journalist who ended it by referring to Man City Players as c**ts.

I would assume that your job is to ensure some code of ethics is adherred to.This obviously didnt happen.

In my job we pay for 100 independents per day for customers.That has amounted to a lot of money over the years.I will be cancelling this order immediately on the back of this if no apology is made to Manchester City FC.

I am also aware the Independent is facing a possible legal action from Manchester City on the back of this incident.

It was also subject of discussion by members of the Dublin Branch of the Official Supporters Club last night.

I will also be forwarding this complaint,as have hundreds of other Irish City fans to the press ombudsman.

I would like Mr. Fanning to openly apologise for such vulgar remarks.He and your inaction have sullied the reputation of your newspaper.

Darrin Stewart-O'Toole
Where do the Dublin Branch meet, I am from Manchester now living in Port laoise would like to come down if possible.

Next meeting Oct 12th in Chaplins bar(across from Trinity side and screen cinema) at 8.30pm.PM me for details.

I've done my bit:

Dear J Greene

I refer to a recent article on your website, in which you referred to Manchester City players as a "team of c***s". The article has now been withdrawn.

Why has the article has been withdrawn? If you now agree it was offensive, please issue a written apology in accordance with your country's press complaints system. If you do not, I (and no doubt many other Manchester City supporters) will report your conduct to the Press Ombudsman.

May I remind you of your Code of Practice for Newspapers and Periodicals, which says:

Principle 4 - Respect for Rights
Everyone has constitutional protection for his or her good name.

I assume these rights extend to organisations in England.

Yours sincerely

http://www.pressombudsman.ie/v2/pressombudsman/portal.php?content=_includes/about.php

Just want to say thanks to everybody who has e mailed The Irish Independent after their scurrilous "c***s" article on Sunday.
The journalist is dion fanning who's dad aengus fanning is the editor. The sports editor who approved the piece is John Greene.

Please e mail complaints to afanning@independent.ie and if you want to you can copy the other clown jgreene@independent.ie

There is one posting on here who says that dion fanning wrote a "good e mail reply" and that John Greene spoke to him admitting how he could see it could cause offence.
That must have been after I spoke to him on Tues afternoon when Greene said there had been ... and I quote "ZERO complaints" That he was perfectly happy with the piece and thats why he cleared it for publication in last Sundays Independent!
He said the thought the piece was absolutely fine including the word c***s. He said he wasn't aware that it had been removed from their website.

He also said the article had been more or less "proven to be accurate" because of Bellamy's behaviour on derby day!
Because Im Irish living UK and have been a Blue for over 35 years he also suggested that I come on here and read what he called "the vast majority of postings about this article being racist- anti Irish"

Lets stick together on this. The club, the players and us the fans are developing a siege mentality... we will need it.
We all love City. I can tell you where my seat was at Maine Road for years. I still go to more games in a season than the average Rag or (any other sky sports "football fan) goes to in a lifetime!

Please e mail the editor if you feel newspapers should not get away with calling people c***s.

Come On You Blue Boys.
P

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.