Is anybody gonna be watching it then?

Piss poor... really, fucking bad.....

....but, anyone, who's ever played sat/sun football must feel the sense of team spirit.

I remember being the young lad looking up to older blokes in the team and thinking they were indestructible. Can't imagine seeing them dying before my eyes.

A sad story............

exploited by cunts.

goat867 said:
I understand some of the comments about MUFC being 'wanked over' etc but some of this sounds a bit bitter. Remember our own Bert Trautmen had a documentry made of him shown just a few weeks ago.

Quite why this is being shown now im not sure, theres also a documentry on Bobby Charlton this week to so I agree with them being on the telly a bit too much for my liking.
Not by my licence fee though

I, for the life of me cannot think why they have made a film of the Munich disaster now, but having watched it, it was very well done. I remember the day it happened very clearly, i was16 years old and working in a large department store in Manchester and the so called Busby babes were a familiar sight around town in those days. They were just young lads and they were really friendly, so when the crash happened it was such a shock in the city, everyone was numb for days. Even as a City supporter your club loyalty did not matter one iota in the face of this disaster. Probably because I can remember it happening so well I could never, ever chant "Munich" or any other tirade about these poor dead and in jured young lads, remember one of our own was in that crash as well. Just hope that they don't screen it again.

Frankly, everyone would be better served by watching a far more accurate, more poignant account of the disaster and the horror it wrought here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO_dXgbW40g

Why the Beeb sought to commission this tripe is beyond me. Jimmy Murphy deserves no little recognition for his achievements, guiding Wales to the quarter final of the '58 world cup among them, but not in this hamfisted way.

Let Red Cafe whinge all they want. If they can't realise how politicised Munich has become; and how United have exploited the disaster relentlessly at the expense of the victims, then they're all braindead.

Is this the same Jimmy Murphy who united took the taxi, he didnt drive, off when he didnt want to be assistant manager any more?

Oh and they took his bus pass off him when he later stopped being a scout! This is true, his son told the story on Five Live.

Really knew how to look after the Munich victims.

Said on the other thread that it was a vomit inducing piece of shit.

Crap acting and crap writing.

The only thing missing was a "jumpers for goalposts" quote and a plea at the end for everyone to nip down the megastore asap to buy Munich memorabilia!

What the fuck is the BBC turning in to?

I was actually looking forward to seeing this. I thought that a "drama" about the people concerned might actually shed more light on the subject.

How wrong I was.

It was so naff, so poorly written, so mixed up with using current attitudes and attempting to transplant them in the 50's... was it written by someone who knew nothing of the times?

Ayone remember the Famous Five programmes (Rik Mayall, Ade Edmondson, Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders) when they did a spoof Holywood style film of the Miner's Strike in the 80's, with Al Pacino playing Arthur Scargill?

That's what last night's programme reminded me of!

However, if one good thing comes from this, maybe more City fans will think twice about the Munich chants and reflect on the horrific way some people died.

Oh, and the way they pointed the finger at now dead Alan Hardacre was shameful. Why not point the finger at the pilot if you want someone to blame? Ah, but that doesn't give the rags the chance to play the "us against the world" card they so love to play...

I'm not surprised the Busby family were so offended by this piece of lazy writing.

Am not proud sang it when I was young and naive!!

Fans who sing it should think twice because when you do it keeps it in the public domain and the money keeps rolling into that scum of a club!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.