is anyone else nervous as f*** about finishing 4th??

It would be fantastic to do it this time as we would imo be a year ahead of realistic expectations - next season could be even more interesting as I can see an 8 horse race for the top four with Chelski and Pool having to rebuild but Arsenal resurgent (more so if they snatch the title this time)

Project said:
Ultimately we have a game in hand, with Spurs and Villa to come to us. I mean, you'd take that above any one elses run in wouldn't you?

Not at all. It's fucking fourth place. I always get nervous in the cups but fourth is hardly something that goes on the honours list is it?

Top 4 = a chance to acquire the truly best players + to play in the best competition in club football. So yes, it's something that is absolutely above domestic cups at this state of our development

Toally agree with that m8,Look at the Spuds, been very good in the domestic cups over the last few years and where's it got them nowthere,Then look at Arsenal,Not won a cup for 5 going on 6 years and still a big club who attract big players and because there in the CL year in year out.

What really annoys me is this break in matches we beat chelsea & then have to wait ages to see if we have turned the corner or typical city.

mike channon´s windmill said:
It would be fantastic to do it this time as we would imo be a year ahead of realistic expectations - next season could be even more interesting as I can see an 8 horse race for the top four with Chelski and Pool having to rebuild but Arsenal resurgent (more so if they snatch the title this time)
Agreed, the Premier League could finally become what it has always claimed to be: The Best League in the World (TM).

Armaan said:
im at that point where im losing sleep over this lol..... Was just wondering if anyone else is stressing as much as me about this!
if you struggle to sleep do as i do, 4 cans of stella a good wank then rest easily with thoughts that its only gonna get better and its not half bad now

EalingBlue2 said:
I am nervous about going out before the group stages to an amusing side from an obscure eastern european country! having got 4th>>>>>

That would be a typical City scenario. Do all the hard work in getting 4th, then knocked out by some unknown Russian team.

TBH I would include Everton in the mix here and suggest that any of the five - Us, Villa, Spuds and both the dippers could just as easily finish 4th or 8th - lets face it we could all do well with results but someone out of the five will finish 4th but also 7th or 8th. Yes I am very nervous

There's a great opportunity for us this year, mainly because Liverpool have been so much worse than anyone would have expected after they finished second last year. But the same can be said for Villa and Spurs. I personally think Everton have just a little too much to do, but if they'd had a decent start, they'd have been right up there also.

I'm a little nervous about it, because cracking the top four this season - which would be a year sooner than I really thought we could - would drive us on asa club. With the money we have, if we could offer CL football as well I reckon we could draw one or two real top players of a level that's currently off limits. Once we make it, I really think we'll be there to stay, so doing it this season would be a huge boost.

AntMcfc said:
Absolutely terrified about every single game we play. Each and every game we play now will mean the world to me and I will be fighting like a warrior and will never give up, this is it now, the biggest chance we've ever had to get into the CL, COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

couldn't have put it better myself mate. Come on CITY!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.