Is anyonte else actually calm and confident?

EalingBlue2

All this talk of not sleeping, the most important game ever etc etc has got me wondering is it only me who is actually calm about tonights game, calm about the outcome and actually confident.

Personally I have been het up and sick with worry about City going into games like Luton in the 80's Liverpool and stoke in the 90's, Gillingham in the 99 was murder, even the semi that year. I was tense as anything going into the derby semi this year and even the other week but not tonight.

I think we will show the gulf in class and experience that we have over spurs, we will show the fact we have better players in most positions, we have big game players and we have the smarter cooler manager.

Besides I don't think this game will make anywhere near the difference that people think, the likes of Di Maria, Boateng, Aguerro, Kjaer young up and coming world class players will come to us without Champs league anyway and I even reckon Kaka would have made the move had we been 5th not 18th. I reckon if we get to champs league we will probably end up in the Europa league anyway and lets face it we don't need the money.

So rather than being worked up I am very confident knowing we are better and have better players and also knowing that the downside is not that great, we can get good players and challenge for the league anyway without 4th and probably with less expectation and pressure.

That said I want us to win with a passion as I do every game it is just this time my head tells me we are better, my head tells me that we don't have a huge amount to lose so the pressure will be less on us and I think we may actually walk away 3 goals to the good as when we go 1 up I see Spurs panicking and letting us cruise to a win.

I think I am actually more worried about Sunday!

Is everyone else sh*tting it and thinking it is the end of the world, are others thinking we may lose?

Me....

I think we are capable of beating anybody at home... and I expect we will tonight.

I'm normally quite placid and calm , but this game is making me nervous ...... much more than the derby did.

But this is City , and as we can't afford to lose it , it's probably gonna end up in a draw .... which would take us on to Sundays nail-biting finale ..... you can almost bet your pension on it!

That's if you're fortunate enough to have one under this government!

I like to pretend I'm reasonably calm, but in all honesty I'm in turmoil. It's not so much the match itself, once it's over it's over, regardless of the outcome. But if we lose it's the days and weeks ahead that get to me. All the 'What if's' going around in my brain.

Far from calm..! but not in a panic. I'm confident..ish, I've seen all these high pressure games since 77 and have missed the buzz, in the unlikely event of us not winning it will be a huge downer but in reality its merely a hiccup, cos we'll be stronger next season.

i thought i was buut iv been constipated for the first time in my life for the last two days

I'm so cool I'm positively icy, Daddio. Sat laughing at SSN. Knew they would hype this game, but jesus wept, they've gone off the scale today. Anyway, my old dear is going tonight. Three games in 40-odd years, including Villa on Saturday, and her team has won every time. So chill, boys. Old Ma Longsight has got you covered

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.