Is anyonte else actually calm and confident?

Challenger1978 said:
I'm excited to be honest as i know if we play at our best we can beat anyone at home.

The only trouble being that , our home , is a 'home from home' , for Tottenham!

I think the importance of the Champions league is all about the 40m and the other money it brings in, this is absolutely vital to all the big clubs in Europe (except a few like us). Players will come to non champs league clubs if they are title challengers, if they are in a decent league and pay top dollar. We have all of that!

So I reckon 4th or 5th makes no where near as much difference as we think to the players we can get and to our chances of challenging for the league and FA Cup this next season (for me it is these domestic trophies I want!)

Where it does make a difference is to our prestige and to really big signings which our owners want (though I actually would prefer to go for the next generation rather than the current one).

It is not like the Gillingham game where defeat could have been catastrophic or the SToke game when it nearly was, or Luton which spelt the end to what had been our best era.

Besides we are better man for man, we are at home, we have a manager who has done it at the top level and we are playing a team who are probably in recent times renowned as even bigger chokers than us....

EASY

I'm not really nervous, just looking forward to the game. We can beat these shit bags tonight.

If the worst happens and we don't win, we are still in Europe next season and I can only see us getting better next year. So the future looks bright.

How good will it be if we pull it off tonight though and send Twitcher home empty handed.

EalingBlue2 said:
I think the importance of the Champions league is all about the 40m and the other money it brings in, this is absolutely vital to all the big clubs in Europe (except a few like us). Players will come to non champs league clubs if they are title challengers, if they are in a decent league and pay top dollar. We have all of that!

So I reckon 4th or 5th makes no where near as much difference as we think to the players we can get and to our chances of challenging for the league and FA Cup this next season (for me it is these domestic trophies I want!)

Where it does make a difference is to our prestige and to really big signings which our owners want (though I actually would prefer to go for the next generation rather than the current one).

It is not like the Gillingham game where defeat could have been catastrophic or the SToke game when it nearly was, or Luton which spelt the end to what had been our best era.

Besides we are better man for man, we are at home, we have a manager who has done it at the top level and we are playing a team who are probably in recent times renowned as even bigger chokers than us....

EASY

I don't think actually losing the Gillingham game would have been THAT catastrophic ....... we WOULD , almost certainly , have come back the following season , even if we'd lost that .... and our crowds weren't that bad that we'd have suffered overwhelming financial hardship for another 12 months wait .

But achieve a 4th placed finish and it does so much more for us ..... not least in the fact that , unlike that Gillingham game , it will make the world take up and take notice ........ a strange side gatecrashing the forbidden top four is big news , ANYWHERE in the watching footballing world ...... and especially as the side who's nose you've pushed out of place , Liverpool , is one of the globes best known (and loved!) sides !

We may not need the money , but the returns can't be ignored , this is where the money is!

And the prestige is would bring to the club would be vast ....... and especially if we could build on it next season!

Yes I am in the calm camp.

I was nervous when we played Luton, Charlton, Wigan, Gillingham, Hamburg and the Rags the last few games, but since the ginger twat headed that goal in the last seconds I decided what a load of bollocks it is to get so worked up.

Like as been stated we are in Europe and don't need the money, Spurs need the money more and IMO it's there's to lose with them already being 4th.

The only issue I have is that Spurs will progress if they make Champs League and will be another rival to our domination, but this is only a small issue.

Calm down lads and lets make this a celebration of a very good season.

black mamba said:
Challenger1978 said:
I'm excited to be honest as i know if we play at our best we can beat anyone at home.

The only trouble being that , our home , is a 'home from home' , for Tottenham!

We have a far superior team to anything that we have had in the past. Infact i rate our team so highly i think we are only a couple of signings away from competeing for the title. So what has happend in the past is exactly that its the past and this is the brand spanking new shit hot city that is capable of twating anyone at home on our day.

Ask yourselves this question..

If Spurs get 4th and we get 5th and we both go in for a player we both want next summer who do you think would get them? Answer us and we would blow them out of the water!

TBH we would blow most clubs bar Madrid, Barca, Chelsea, Inter and United out of the water without champs league and I expect even with it they would have the edge on us..... so is it really going to make that much difference?

Looking at Tottenham away record it is not that good see us winning easy 3-1 or 4-1 extremely confident tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.