Is Bobby losing the Plot?

Didsbury Dave said:
DTeacher said:
It's interesting that a lot of the people who knock Roberto for every minor point they can dredge up have very little to say when Ferguson rants and goes PURPLE in the face at reporters etc.

Ferguson looks like a man close to the edge to me. His body language suggests he knows we are better than them, and he knows he should have retired in summer. It' encourages me hugely.

I agree that he looks like he knows full well that we are now better than them. However, the main point I am trying to make is that a number of people find fault with Mancini at every opportunity. His language, his demeanour, what he says and does, what he doesn't say and doesn't do etc. Yet Ferguson has been arrogant, obnoxious, rude, crude, ignorant and a thousand other negatives for several years now but most of the media still fawn over him. His every statement is not dissected and negatives found, as appears to be the case with Roberto.

It galls me to hear such constant and IMO unwarranted criticism towards Mancini, but I am confident that several people will be eating humble pie at the end of the season (even if it is in the privacy of their one bedroomed flat).

BLUEMATT23 said:
WyongBlue said:
mancinimadness said:
I think the cracks are beginning to show. If as expected Mancini finishes the season without a trophy then I think he will be gone.

What flippin planet are you from????.........

You can't deny that the team is in a mini-crisis though surely? Without Silva, Kompany and Yaya we look like a middle of a table team which last night looked devoid of ideas, inspiration and leadership. It will be a disaster if we don't win anything this season.

WTF???

There is no returning to the bad old days. Khaldoon is not Swales.

Who would you compare from the middle of the table with us?

All the teams that have taken points away from us in England have essentially had one strategy of parking the bus even at home.

TBH, anything other than the PL would have been a bonus and I'm reasonably happy unless officials keep giving soft red cards against us.

DTeacher said:
Didsbury Dave said:
DTeacher said:
It's interesting that a lot of the people who knock Roberto for every minor point they can dredge up have very little to say when Ferguson rants and goes PURPLE in the face at reporters etc.

Ferguson looks like a man close to the edge to me. His body language suggests he knows we are better than them, and he knows he should have retired in summer. It' encourages me hugely.

I agree that he looks like he knows full well that we are now better than them. However, the main point I am trying to make is that a number of people find fault with Mancini at every opportunity. His language, his demeanour, what he says and does, what he doesn't say and doesn't do etc. Yet Ferguson has been arrogant, obnoxious, rude, crude, ignorant and a thousand other negatives for several years now but most of the media still fawn over him. His every statement is not dissected and negatives found, as appears to be the case with Roberto.

It galls me to hear such constant and IMO unwarranted criticism towards Mancini, but I am confident that several people will be eating humble pie at the end of the season (even if it is in the privacy of their one bedroomed flat).

Fergie reminds me of my FiL. It's more likely old age than red wine.

My Mum and Dad know the family and say that he is a very good family man.

I also think the encouragement he gave to Steve Kean was spot on - including the 3 points :)

I think someone should advice Bobby on how to respond these scummy interviewers. Just listened to the 5 live podcast after last nights game and all the interviewers are doing is trying to get a reaction and ruffle a few feathers from Gerrard, Mancini and Dalglish. Just say no comment or let Platt do the post match interviews.

pauldominic said:
DTeacher said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Fergie reminds me of my FiL. It's more likely old age than red wine.

My Mum and Dad know the family and say that he is a very good family man.

I also think the encouragement he gave to Steve Kean was spot on - including the 3 points :)

I think it's both old age and red wine. ;o)

I was only using him as an example anyway - I hate the constant sniping at Mancini, which he does nor deserve.

DTeacher said:
Didsbury Dave said:
DTeacher said:

I'll try to explain it in my broken English :)

Becasue Ferguson is master of it and whatever he says in those rants are perfectly placed where it should be. Remember his comments about Kompany the other day ? He said perfectly sensed stuff that added an immediate pressure on FA as well as media. "I've seen him doing it before and getting away with it, it was time bla, bla, bla".. we can hate him as much as we want but he knows how to deal with that stuff. His authority in English football brought him a position where everyone has a fear from his rants so he can be relaxed when shitting on anyone.

Mancini can't do it on such way. He wants to say stuff but he doesn't have bollocks to say it plain and simple and tries to be diplomatic while making his points. He tries to not cross the line, he is saying "I won't talk about referees as I want to be on the bench next game" etc, etc.. He is trying to make rants but in same way he is lowering his points by showing them clearly that he won't go as far as he should to make something from those rants.

That's why Mancini's rants often looks like plain moaning and Fergusons's like rants of the man who knows perfectly what he wants and how to do it. I'm sorry to find it and say it, as it's very important thing nowadays but Mancini is just not a match to Ferguson in rant department and I doubt he'll ever be as he is too passionate to calm down and use the right words at right time.

MSP said:
DTeacher said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I'll try to explain it in my broken English :)

Because Ferguson is master of it and whatever he says in those rants are perfectly placed where it should be. Remember his comments about Kompany the other day ? He said perfectly sensed stuff that added an immediate pressure on FA as well as media. "I've seen him doing it before and getting away with it, it was time bla, bla, bla".. we can hate him as much as we want but he knows how to deal with that stuff. His authority in English football brought him a position where everyone has a fear from his rants so he can be relaxed when shitting on anyone.

Mancini can't do it on such way. He wants to say stuff but he doesn't have bollocks to say it plain and simple and tries to be diplomatic while making his points. He tries to not cross the line, he is saying "I won't talk about referees as I want to be on the bench next game" etc, etc.. He is trying to make rants but in same way he is lowering his points by showing them clearly that he won't go as far as he should to make something from those rants.

That's why Mancini's rants often looks like plain moaning and Fergusons's like rants of the man who knows perfectly what he wants and how to do it. I'm sorry to find it and say it, as it's very important thing nowadays but Mancini is just not a match to Ferguson in rant department and I doubt he'll ever be as he is too passionate to calm down and use the right words at right time.

MSP, whilst you put that across well, you forget a couple of basic points, which affect your take on Ferguson and Mancini. Ferguson GETS AWAY with his rants and whilst I agree that his comments about Kompany were clever and cunning, the point is that he is allowed to say things that ANY OTHER Manager in the Premier League is NOT. I disagree with you about your interpretation of Mancini - I believe it is simply that Roberto has more class than Ferguson and does not want to lower himself to Ferguson's gutter level.

Furthermore, Mancini said it as it is. He knows that he would face FA disciplinary action if he told the truth about Foy etc, so he tried to be more diplomatic.

Ferguson is NOT the master of it at all. Far from it. It is the BS fawning and allowances people make for him but that will change as we start to win more and more. Examples of journalists defecting from the hitherto fawning are starting to appear - you'll see more and more articles against him by the end of the season - did you miss the recent rants at him by his own UNITED supporters??!!

Don't be fooled.

Mancini has more class in his little finger than Ferguson has in his whole body.

I agree he's allowed to do it, that's why I said that he is using his 25 years authority to do that. We all know that he can do lot of things other can't, no point discussing that. But in same time he really knows how to do it, he's very good in it. There's no chance Rooney's and Rio's tweets were spontaneous, it's all the part of the game.

But Mancini can't, doesn't want and is not allowed so he should stay out of it until he calm down. I don't think it's about his personal class to be honest. He's Italian and they're barely classy when they have to say something. I think it's more the part of the club agenda to act politely and have "good guys" image that would supposedly cut off the "rich guys" one. That makes us vulnerable in dealing with FA, referees etc. but I guess it's the price for some bigger stuff - gaining new fans, entering new markets etc.

But anyway, I think he should cut the tricky stuff from post match interviews and leave them for press conferences when he's more cool to talk about them. He's under big pressure and he's not in Italy where he could say all shit he wants about anyone. In England everyone's weighting his words and combined with fact that he's not native English speaker it sometimes "get lost in translation" pretty much.

Stoned Rose said:
Bob did seem 'flustered' in his interview last night, but rightly so.

A few things have gone against us recently, but that happens to every club at some stage in the season. Key men are out/away and Bob is under enormous pressure, so yeah he cant keep his glacial cool at all times. However, the club/we have to man up, get behind each other, be confident and once the spurs game is over we'll know what we need to do.

The permutations are as follows (this is using the forecast that the top 3 will all win their (very win-able) games before the big weekend of the 22nd and the table on the 22nd (before the games) will be as follows (with all 3 having played 21 games):

1. City 51 points
2. Utd 48 points
3. Spurs 48 points

Right:

a) Should we beat spurs and united lose to arsenal:

1. City 54 points
2. Utd 48 points
3. Spurs 48 points

Leaving us with a 6 point lead with all 3 having played 22 games. This is obviously our 'best case' scenario.

b) Should we draw with spurs and utd beat arsenal:

1. City 52 points
2. Utd 51 points
3. Spurs 49 points

Leaving us top by one point with all 3 having played 22 games. This is a positive outcome.

c) Should we draw with spurs and utd draw with arsenal:

1. City 52 points
2. Utd 49 points
3. Spurs 49 points

Leaving us 3 clear or 'as you were'. Again, positive.

d) we lose to spurs and utd beat arsenal

1. City 51 points (top by goal difference barring a severe thrashing)
2. Utd 51 points
3. Spurs 51 points

Again, still top but extremely tight/tense.

Given that we identified Dec/Jan as our 'deeeficult moment', even if we end up with option (d) we'll still be top with our difficult period out the way. Not bad at all really is it blues? Of course, this whole analysis rests on us beating Wigan, but that should be achievable.

Of course if Utd or Spurs drop points before the 22nd then that's even more positive.

So basically what we're looking at is if we beat wigan, we'll be top after the 22nd no matter what happens. Some of our main guys will be back (will Yaya/Kolo?) and we might have even acquired one or two new faces to bolster things.

Lets be positive. We haven't got the right to win trophies and be entertained. We're City we were shit for years, lets not forget that. Get our chins up and get behind our wonderful club :) Greatness is within reach. Lets be the 12th man and get our boys over that line with our positivity.

In the words of the late Andy Gray, take a bow son, take a bow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.