Is Britain Anti-Pot?

I really can't take a lot of the 'anti-cannabis' mob seriously, most of them just
resort to the usual scaremongering and boring the pants of anyone who gives them 5 minutes.

A lot of them could do with a smoke.

But back to the topic... unfortunately I'd say Britain is probably is 'Anti-Pot', but if people would cease to listen to the usual piss-weak moral-centric arguments (usually dressed up as genuine concerns about health) coming from tired old bores they'd conclude that Cannabis isn't half as harmful as we're led to believe, and that most of the condemnation is a result of nothing more than snobbery and ignorance.

Because the truth is there are much more harmful and addictive drugs that you can buy perfectly legally in your local shop, which will even conveniently contribute greatly to the tax revenue, and extremely harmful drugs which are regularly prescribed by GPs up and down the country.

Scaremongering and ignorance prevail over logic and reason when it comes to Cannabis.

Light up.

mancincali said:
malg said:
Well, it's pretty clear to me. I'm in the Army and I get regularly tested for drugs under the Compulsory Drugs Testing system. If I'm found to have taken Pot, then because of my rank I would be kicked out. Therefore, no choice.

However, to answer the OPs question, yes Britain is anti pot.

It's ridiculous really. Why be against something people have done for years, even those who are in the government use to smoke (as posted), gah the whole hypocrisy just get's me fuming. I can understand how some people don't enjoy it or it's "not their thing" but why take away the freedom from people who just want to enjoy being high occasionally is beyond me.

If anything should be banned it's alcohol -_-

-- Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:03 pm --

stonerblue said:
Where i live, about 5 minutes.

On a recent visit to France it took me an hour. In Sharm it took ten minutes, Tijuana took less then a minute after stepping off the bus.
Haha how was the bud south of the border? Dry?

Do you mates across the pond have a term for shitty cannabis? Our's is schwag:)

It was very dry, and haggling with a bandito down a Tijuana side street was great fun. Certainly did the trick though.
Shit resin (solid/hash) is colloquially known as 'fuckin shit' and a bad mix is 'snide'.

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
I'm in my 50's now, and I used to smoke weed back in the 70' s and 80's. along with everyone else I knew.

I haven't touched it in years, so I have no idea how Skunk compares to Afghan Black, which was the Rolls Royce of dope in those days, but a lot of those people have grown in stature over the years, and have very responsible jobs in education, the legal service, businessmen, etc.

I find it quite amusing that one of my best friends, now a headteacher, has to stand in front of his pupils warning them of the dangers of pot, yet we got stoned out of our heads for years when we were young and thought it was brilliant fun, which it was.

I find it a bit hypocritical that the people governing our lives should make a decision that dope is bad, knowing that as most of them making the decisions are a similar age to me, they probably smoked the stuff themselves when they were younger.

President Clinton was a prime example. He admitted to having joints in his hand, but he blew, rather than inhaled. Yeah, right, I believe you, man. Cosmic.

Pure black and hashesh has the potential to be far far stronger than anything you can get of any plant.<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:30 am --<br /><br />
Blueboy Danny said:
I agree with this, there is a hell of a lot of hypocracy when it comes to the governmental policy around drugs, and I admit I used to dabble with cannabis in my youth, but having seen the potential side effects of acute paranoia, vivid and disturbing hallucinations and ultimately detention under the Mental Health Act I'm inclined to take the stance that there are much less risky ways of having a good time. I accept that the percentage of cannabis users that suffer from mental illness is low but that provides little solace to the families of people whos life it has ruined .

People hallucinate on weed now do they ? Well that's a new one on me most i've ever had off weed was maybe some trails and colours looking a bit brighter & funkier. I must of been doing something wrong back when i used to batter an 1/2 Oz of white rhino in the bong in a couple of hours back in the day.

Challenger1978 said:
Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
I'm in my 50's now, and I used to smoke weed back in the 70' s and 80's. along with everyone else I knew.

I haven't touched it in years, so I have no idea how Skunk compares to Afghan Black, which was the Rolls Royce of dope in those days, but a lot of those people have grown in stature over the years, and have very responsible jobs in education, the legal service, businessmen, etc.

I find it quite amusing that one of my best friends, now a headteacher, has to stand in front of his pupils warning them of the dangers of pot, yet we got stoned out of our heads for years when we were young and thought it was brilliant fun, which it was.

I find it a bit hypocritical that the people governing our lives should make a decision that dope is bad, knowing that as most of them making the decisions are a similar age to me, they probably smoked the stuff themselves when they were younger.

President Clinton was a prime example. He admitted to having joints in his hand, but he blew, rather than inhaled. Yeah, right, I believe you, man. Cosmic.

Pure black and hashesh has the potential to be far far stronger than anything you can get of any plant.

-- Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:30 am --

Blueboy Danny said:
I agree with this, there is a hell of a lot of hypocracy when it comes to the governmental policy around drugs, and I admit I used to dabble with cannabis in my youth, but having seen the potential side effects of acute paranoia, vivid and disturbing hallucinations and ultimately detention under the Mental Health Act I'm inclined to take the stance that there are much less risky ways of having a good time. I accept that the percentage of cannabis users that suffer from mental illness is low but that provides little solace to the families of people whos life it has ruined .

People hallucinate on weed now do they ? Well that's a new one on me most i've ever had off weed was maybe some trails and colours looking a bit brighter & funkier. I must of been doing something wrong back when i used to batter an 1/2 Oz of white rhino in the bong in a couple of hours back in the day.

Just because you hav'nt experienced hallucinations off cannabis doesnt mean no-one has, using a drug doent make you an expert my friend, I see it day in day out and I dislike the suggestion that I'm in some way making up side effects, hallucinations are a psychotic symptom, cannabis can cause/exacerbate psyhotic symptoms, fact!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.