Is Carragher suspended.....

Bellamy's Caddy said:
Cheers, I couldn't remember if straight red was 3 match or not.

I know Carragher's not playing well at the moment but he's not a bad player and is definitely their best defender. Saying that if you want to beat these teams you want everyone fit so they have no excuses! Hopefully we'll have everyone fit by then too! Anyone know if its on Sky/ESPN its a weird kick off time if not?!
i think agger and skrtel are better than carragher and i dont rate them as well!

and its on sky, early kick off saturday!

mcfc_nick said:
Bellamy's Caddy said:
Cheers, I couldn't remember if straight red was 3 match or not.

I know Carragher's not playing well at the moment but he's not a bad player and is definitely their best defender. Saying that if you want to beat these teams you want everyone fit so they have no excuses! Hopefully we'll have everyone fit by then too! Anyone know if its on Sky/ESPN its a weird kick off time if not?!
i think agger and skrtel are better than carragher and i dont rate them as well!

and its on sky, early kick off saturday!

Nice one blue,

Really hope we do them would give us a lift as well as putting a hell of a dent in an already poor season by their standards!

According to official Premier League website, Carragher suspended till 10th Nov & Deggen till 30th Nov

We'll still win 2-1!!

As far as I'm aware the standard punishment for a red card is a three match ban, though the FA now as the power to reduce or increase the punishment as it deems fit, or depending who you play for, see below.

The FA
Red card changes
Tuesday, 04 August, 2009

The major changes ahead of the new campaign include:
In exceptional cases only, the ability to reduce, or increase, on application, the standard punishment for red card offences*
Sanctions, resulting from red cards shown in pre-season friendly fixtures, will not apply to competitive first team games*
Bringing forward of the yellow card amnesty cut-off date, from end of February to 31 December
Suspensions for reaching 5, 10 or 15 yellow cards to begin with immediate effect*

blue1959 said:
As far as I'm aware the standard punishment for a red card is a three match ban
That's only for violent conduct; i.e. chinning someone or a dangerous tackle.

Carragher's is 100% definitely a one-match ban.

law74 said:
u2fme2 said:
he should win this appeal

Why?
He had his arms all over his opponent and then tugged his shirt, pulling pushing both offences in the Laws of Association football, player clean through on goal = red card and one game ban.
TBF, a simple showing of Terry's rescinded red card against Jo should be enough to get him off. Almost identical offences (Terry's was worse), both with other defenders steaming in as possible cover.

Terry's was a nailed on red card and I'm still amazed it got rescinded, but the FA are always fair and even-handed when applying precedents to their laws so I fully expect Carragher to get off as well. [/sarcasm]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.