Is Chelsea Now Our Biggest Game?

The Shite will always be a huge game for us, however I do get the feeling that the home game the season we won the title was the biggest derby of modern times, and won't be equalled for a generation.

The worlds eyes were on the Etihad that night, and tomorrow night against Barca has exactly the same feel about it.

I'm not having a dig, but the way I see The Shite's next few seasons going, i can't see the derby holding the same significance as the last few years because I think we'll be operating on different levels.

Still want to smash them everytime though!

Pigeonho said:
akcity said:
TGR said:
This has been mentioned in a couple of other threads but worthy of discussion in its own right:

Is Chelsea now our biggest game?
It looks like they are going to be our biggest rivals for domestic silverware over both the short & medium terms at the very least.
The two recent games have proved to very big games and the media have latched on accordingly.
The derby against the rags is now only worth the local bragging rights as we are simply a superior team & club.
What do you think?

This season? Yes.

Going forward? Probably not. Don't fall in to the 'Yoonited are finished' trap. They will be challenging us for the league.
Based on what? Their manager? A player approaching over the hill signing 300k contract? Fellaini? Their shit defence? I literally see nothing, moyes there or moyes sacked, that says they will improve to the point they will challenge for the league, and that's without bringing our squad and Chelsea's squad into it. They are fucking shit.

Did you read what I put or did you fall into that trap too?

I didn't say that they would be challenging next season, or the one after that. Merely that they will be. Do you seriously believe that they are finished?

akcity said:
Pigeonho said:
akcity said:
This season? Yes.

Going forward? Probably not. Don't fall in to the 'Yoonited are finished' trap. They will be challenging us for the league.
Based on what? Their manager? A player approaching over the hill signing 300k contract? Fellaini? Their shit defence? I literally see nothing, moyes there or moyes sacked, that says they will improve to the point they will challenge for the league, and that's without bringing our squad and Chelsea's squad into it. They are fucking shit.

I didn't say that they would be challenging next season, or the one after that. Merely that they will be. Do you seriously believe that they are finished?
Moyes on a 6 year contract, and if that's honoured by both sides they won't be challenging. If they stick with moyes for even just another season and he does worse than this one, that's more repair work for the new manager. More repair work means more players to bed in, more players to merge into the team already here and whilst all that's going on, us, Chelsea, arsenal and most likely Liverpool will be snapping up the players who want to play in the champs league. 'Finished' is the wrong word to use but they are out of the game where trophies are concerned, and it's a hard rot to stop when it sets in.

Pigeonho said:
akcity said:
Pigeonho said:

Moyes on a 6 year contract, and if that's honoured by both sides they won't be challenging. If they stick with moyes for even just another season and he does worse than this one, that's more repair work for the new manager. More repair work means more players to bed in, more players to merge into the team already here and whilst all that's going on, us, Chelsea, arsenal and most likely Liverpool will be snapping up the players who want to play in the champs league. 'Finished' is the wrong word to use but they are out of the game where trophies are concerned, and it's a hard rot to stop when it sets in.

You can be certain that the rags will have a fuck of moyes clause in his contract so they don't have to pay too much to get rid. He will be given this season and probably the first half of next, then they will cut the waster loose.. Unfortunately.!

Chelsea will always be a big game . Even in the early 70s they were are bigger rivals than Man United . If you look at your history football City were better than Man United in the 70s .

With Mourinho in charge there is no doubt that Chelsea will be our biggest rival in the future. But it will never be the biggest game, unless we meet them in the champions league final or something like that.

After us, I think Liverpool is the best team. So Liverpool are our rivals now, I reckon.

I don't rate Chelsea, I think they are rubbish.

silvasleftleg said:
After us, I think Liverpool is the best team. So Liverpool are our rivals now, I reckon.

I don't rate Chelsea, I think they are rubbish.

This is why old bacon face used to say Liverpool game was bigger than city.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.