Is football corrupt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think City have had a few bent referees in europe that Turkish Clown against Dynamo Kiev in the europa cup in 2011 at home and that clown we had on tuesday from Denmark

CBlue said:
andyhinch said:
CBlue said:
FIFA have nothing to do with FFP - it's a UEFA initiative & is only a sanction for teams entering UEFA competitions. It has no effect on the Premier League nor any team that doesn't want to enter UEFA competitions.
Should I bin my sc and ask for a refund for Ajax away as I have clearly been duped, I assume I can use all posts as evidence to help me claim all monies back
You can do what you want with them. The ticket you bought was for the ability to attend a game of football - what happens/ed at the game isn't guaranteed. I wouldn't waste my money but then, fortunately, I'm not you. Not sure of the relevance of the question though?

In fairness,I think you do have a point that replays won't neccessarily cut out the advantage that most agree that lot are benefitting from.
Watching Kompanys goal last season in the derby there's loads of pushing and shoving going on.If you compare it with Wigans goal that was disallowed last season against them for reasons still unknown you can see how a foul could be given by whoevers reviewing it.
Could just open up another can of worms.

Plain Speaking said:
CBlue said:
Plain Speaking said:
I would imagine it should only be allowed for certain category of decisions, (say penalties, goals and sendings off), and there would be some sort of penalty introduced for a "frivolous managers appeal".
I would also imagine the stoppage would have to be done pretty much straight away, say within 20 seconds of the incident, with say the manager communicating to the fourth official, who would inform the referee to stop the play.
If the match continues and a goal is scored before the ref stops play, the outcome would depend on the findings on the actual Video review.
I know there will be reluctance to introduce any change from some quarters in football but VR works very successfully in other sports and improves them.
The public suspects the game is riddled with corruption.
If the football authorities want more fairness and less corruption IMO VR should be introduced.
What's a "frivolous managers appeal"?
Would the ref have to stop the game straight away?
What if it's your team requesting the review & subsequently scoring the goal? What if the original review was deemed "frivolous"? Does the goal still stand?
VR isn't available in any other sports that don't have a natural stop in play for the review to take place.
As already mentioned, & when the questions I've just posed are answered, hopefully you will see that it won't stop corruption - it will add to it.
You're getting bogged down with minor technicalities. Rules would be carefully drafted and introduced with guidance and safegaurds to avoid abuse. Rugby is very similar to football in its flow and stoppages. The FA have rules and penalties already for "frivolous appeals" on suspensions etc. the concept is already in the system.
As I said earlier I think VR would primarily be used by the referee to confirm "uncertain key decisions".
These aren't minor technicalities - they go to the heart of the issue. You are advocating that a manager can stop play - can you not see that this may be open to abuse? They wouldn't care if that leads to some kind of reprimand for a frivolous appeal - the reason may have been to deny a goalscoring opportunity - that opportunity is now gone - job done. If there was corruption involved then the ref may make the review & either agree with the appeal or turn down the appeal but declare it not to be frivolous - either way it doesn't matter, the opposition were denied a goal scoring opportunity - that option doesn't exist today - corruption was introduced into this scenario by the use of VT. Congratulations - you've just added to the problem. That isn't a minor technicality - it's pretty fucking major!
When are appeals allowed in Rugby?

lafitz2008 said:
CBlue said:
andyhinch said:
Should I bin my sc and ask for a refund for Ajax away as I have clearly been duped, I assume I can use all posts as evidence to help me claim all monies back
You can do what you want with them. The ticket you bought was for the ability to attend a game of football - what happens/ed at the game isn't guaranteed. I wouldn't waste my money but then, fortunately, I'm not you. Not sure of the relevance of the question though?

In fairness,I think you do have a point that replays won't neccessarily cut out the advantage that most agree that lot are benefitting from.
Watching Kompanys goal last season in the derby there's loads of pushing and shoving going on.If you compare it with Wigans goal that was disallowed last season against them for reasons still unknown you can see how a foul could be given by whoevers reviewing it.
Could just open up another can of worms.
Hallelujah, finally, someone who get's it.
Baconface would undoubtedly have appealed the Kompany goal because, well, just because! The enormity of the goal would demand the opposition manager appeal it - I would expect/demand Mancini to do the same if the roles were reversed. VT could have denied City the PL last season.

CBlue said:
Plain Speaking said:
CBlue said:
What's a "frivolous managers appeal"?
Would the ref have to stop the game straight away?
What if it's your team requesting the review & subsequently scoring the goal? What if the original review was deemed "frivolous"? Does the goal still stand?
VR isn't available in any other sports that don't have a natural stop in play for the review to take place.
As already mentioned, & when the questions I've just posed are answered, hopefully you will see that it won't stop corruption - it will add to it.
You're getting bogged down with minor technicalities. Rules would be carefully drafted and introduced with guidance and safegaurds to avoid abuse. Rugby is very similar to football in its flow and stoppages. The FA have rules and penalties already for "frivolous appeals" on suspensions etc. the concept is already in the system.
As I said earlier I think VR would primarily be used by the referee to confirm "uncertain key decisions".
These aren't minor technicalities - they go to the heart of the issue. You are advocating that a manager can stop play - can you not see that this may be open to abuse? They wouldn't care if that leads to some kind of reprimand for a frivolous appeal - the reason may have been to deny a goalscoring opportunity - that opportunity is now gone - job done. If there was corruption involved then the ref may make the review & either agree with the appeal or turn down the appeal but declare it not to be frivolous - either way it doesn't matter, the opposition were denied a goal scoring opportunity - that option doesn't exist today - corruption was introduced into this scenario by the use of VT. Congratulations - you've just added to the problem. That isn't a minor technicality - it's pretty fucking major!
When are appeals allowed in Rugby?
You are concentrating totally on the "possible interuption issue".
This is an side issue to the main benefit of VR.
The game will still be controlled by the officials but with VR they would have the opportunity to review key decisions if there is an element of uncertainty or controversy.
Many "wrong decisions" are possibly human mistakes and not necessarilly corruption. Open transparency and use of VR would allow many "unjust decisions" to be avoided.
I would imagine most officials in the fast moving modern game would welcome the opportunity to avoid having their reputations and honesty questioned. Whether it is necessary to have the possibility of a managers challenge is a moot point!

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
No im sorry lads i disagree, sometimes you get decisions others you dont its football, Look at our penalty v dortmund, it always evens itself out.
Sorry I can't agree. I dont think "it evens itself out" I believe some clubs, get a lot more decisions than others, for a variety of reasons.

Plain Speaking said:
No im sorry lads i disagree, sometimes you get decisions others you dont its football, Look at our penalty v dortmund, it always evens itself out.
Sorry I can't agree. I dont think "it evens itself out" I believe some clubs, get a lot more decisions than others, for a variety of reasons.
So do I but more of a historical thing for me

Does it fuck. Rags got a pen against arse for the same thing.

If that's the case we'll see at least 10 reds in our favour before the season is out, however i severely doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.