Is football corrupt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loukas said:
I think referees aren't as bent as we make out, I just think a lot of the have no bottle in terms of giving controversial decision, even of they are correct, such as the penalty incident the other night, he wasn't 100% sure, his assistant had no bottle so the easy option was to let the game finish 2-2.

The ways FIFA is corrupt however, factors such as FFP is a very pathetic idea to enforce. It makes it incredibly hard for small teams, let's say Wigan, to ever achieve anything more than relegation battlers ever year! Whereas united who benefitted from the sky take over of the premier league who have the biggest fan bases to maintain there position at the top of the league because they are more financially secure. Makes sense?

No.

United are still millions in debt, what they earn in a season like last year couldn't pay off there debt, however they can still spend £100m a year because that's what they take in?
City have no debt, we have an owner who will never be in debt and can spend £100m like it was a penny. But because we don't bring in as much turnover as united we can't spend it? Surely it would make more sense to enforce a transfer embargo on clubs like united until debt is paid off?

The reason FIFA have elected not to do this is because the big clubs I.e. bayern, united, Madrid, barcalona etc are the clubs that attract the big audiences meaning FIFA earn more in advertising. If FIFA can crush any attempt at smaller clubs winning things they will keep the masses interested and continue there corruption.

Anyone who thinks they aren't corrupt is blind, look at the world cup bids? Two oil rich countries with billionaires in there hundreds who will slip a few million to the committee members who vote for them?

Rant over!

Some of the details might be a bit iffy, but overall, I agree.

Bent as fuck.

dennistueartismyhero said:
i dont remember the boards being full of 'video technology' calls on Monday morning following Nolans 'offside' goal.
just face it, they were bad decisions by bad officials, but if we played anywhere nearer the level level we should be at it would be irrellevant anyway. as gary Player said "the harder i practice the luckier i get"

All well and good mate, but at the top level things are very very competitive (of course). You can't be expected to be 3 goals better than the opposition, just to even up the shit decisions.

The odd foul here or there, maybe a duff penalty shout. These can be overcome. But not constant one-way traffic. That changes results, as it did on Tuesday.

Chippy_boy said:
Loukas said:
I think referees aren't as bent as we make out, I just think a lot of the have no bottle in terms of giving controversial decision, even of they are correct, such as the penalty incident the other night, he wasn't 100% sure, his assistant had no bottle so the easy option was to let the game finish 2-2.

The ways FIFA is corrupt however, factors such as FFP is a very pathetic idea to enforce. It makes it incredibly hard for small teams, let's say Wigan, to ever achieve anything more than relegation battlers ever year! Whereas united who benefitted from the sky take over of the premier league who have the biggest fan bases to maintain there position at the top of the league because they are more financially secure. Makes sense?

No.

United are still millions in debt, what they earn in a season like last year couldn't pay off there debt, however they can still spend £100m a year because that's what they take in?
City have no debt, we have an owner who will never be in debt and can spend £100m like it was a penny. But because we don't bring in as much turnover as united we can't spend it? Surely it would make more sense to enforce a transfer embargo on clubs like united until debt is paid off?

The reason FIFA have elected not to do this is because the big clubs I.e. bayern, united, Madrid, barcalona etc are the clubs that attract the big audiences meaning FIFA earn more in advertising. If FIFA can crush any attempt at smaller clubs winning things they will keep the masses interested and continue there corruption.

Anyone who thinks they aren't corrupt is blind, look at the world cup bids? Two oil rich countries with billionaires in there hundreds who will slip a few million to the committee members who vote for them?

Rant over!

Some of the details might be a bit iffy, but overall, I agree.

Bent as fuck.

No one would do a leveraged buy out if they immediatley got a transfer embargo the moment they took ownership.

mancity1 said:
CBlue said:
tusker said:
The reluctance of Platini and co to look into using technology to ensure fair play, and the use of two extra officials behind the goals, seems to reinforce the corruption allegations. Why would'nt you want to consider any idea that could make the referees job easier, perhaps because it would highlight cheating on a massive scale.
I believe the game is bent.
I believe there is an "agenda" against city, and nothing will change my opinion on that.

It's not Platini's call - it's outside of his jurisdiction.

VT will actually increase the level of cheating.

Care to divulge your empirical or even any anecdotal evidence to support your last statement CBlue.
I suppose I could ask you the same question as to why wouldn't it. But just to be courteous, if a game is fixed you will have 2 opportunities to either deny a goal when required or "create" a situation for a goal to be scored i.e. a penalty (if you watch corners or free kicks around the box there is invariably a tug of a shirt or a blocked run that is missed by the referee - they happen all the time & by the letter of the law they should result in penalties - now you have a chance to call one & turn a blind eye to others). You also have to take into account the method & timing of stopping play to conduct a review & who is able to do this - depending on how this was to be organized it is conceivable that Hughes could have thrown a challenge before Aguero's goal last season & the goal not stood - how do you prevent that from happening?

"Sepp Blatter faces calls for him to step down as president of Fifa following his admission that he knew his predecessor, João Havelange, pocketed "commissions" for awarding Fifa's 2002 and 2006 World Cup TV contracts to the marketing company ISL. In official statements on Fifa's website, Blatter acknowledged that he was "P1," the unnamed Fifa official revealed in a Swiss court document to have known a 1m Swiss francs (£660,000) payment from ISL was for Havelange.

Under Blatter's presidency, Fifa did nothing to sanction Havelange, or his son-in-law Ricardo Teixeira, the long-serving executive committee member, who between them were alleged to have received 41m Swiss francs (£27m) from ISL, straightforwardly described as "bribery payments" by a Swiss prosecutor. The document revealed that Fifa made strenuous efforts to have the prosecutions stopped, then did not make public what had happened. That was described as "a cover-up" by Damian Collins, the Conservative MP who has been a consistent critic of Blatter's Fifa during its recent years of scandal."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/12/sepp-blatter-joao-havelange-fifa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... lange-fifa</a>

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
CBlue said:
tusker said:
The reluctance of Platini and co to look into using technology to ensure fair play, and the use of two extra officials behind the goals, seems to reinforce the corruption allegations. Why would'nt you want to consider any idea that could make the referees job easier, perhaps because it would highlight cheating on a massive scale.
I believe the game is bent.
I believe there is an "agenda" against city, and nothing will change my opinion on that.

If someone happens to find a spare will to live lying around,could they please pm it to me,as I have just lost mine reading the above post.
If you do find one perhaps you could go away & educate yourself as to who can actually change the laws of the game - UEFA aren't even in the picture.
If you want to have a go at the level of cheating argument you could put forward a plan that would allow VT without it increasing the opportunity for gamesmanship & cheating. I think your best bet is to go back to sticking your head up your arse though.

CBlue said:
CBlue said:

If someone happens to find a spare will to live lying around,could they please pm it to me,as I have just lost mine reading the above post.
If you do find one perhaps you could go away & educate yourself as to who can actually change the laws of the game - UEFA aren't even in the picture.
If you want to have a go at the level of cheating argument you could put forward a plan that would allow VT without it increasing the opportunity for gamesmanship & cheating. I think your best bet is to go back to sticking your head up your arse though.
Are you in the fraud squad? You seem very focused on this

andyhinch said:
CBlue said:

No mate.
He's in the 'I'm such an utter fucking clown that even my fellow co-conspirators have disowned me and my mad views and won't even touch me with a very shitty stick anymore,because I need sectioning' camp.

andyhinch said:
CBlue said:

No mate.
He's in the 'I'm such an utter fucking clown that even my fellow co-conspirators have disowned me and my mad views and won't even touch me with a very shitty stick anymore,because I need sectioning' camp.
Was going to say that but thought it may be leave both me and Ric open to fines possibly in there £1000's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.