Is Given the best backup keeper in the history of football?

I feel sorry for him at times, but I hope he stays.

If Hart loses any form then at least Given will be more then well up for it, who knows if he'd give it back ha

Peter Shilton was No2 to Gordon Banks at Leicester in the run up to the 1969 FA-Cup final....that would take some beating. As for Given being in the top 5 in the Premier League I just don't see it, he is a good pro and an outstanding No2 but no better than your Howard's Friedel's or Robinson's of this world.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Peter Shilton was No2 to Gordon Banks at Leicester in the run up to the 1969 FA-Cup final....that would take some beating. As for Given being in the top 5 in the Premier League I just don't see it, he is a good pro and an outstanding No2 but no better than your Howard's Friedel's or Robinson's of this world.

I think it's a wrong analysis because at that time Peter Shilton was just a rookie and Gordon Banks was an established experienced keeper.

Joe Corrigan was no.2 to Keith Macrae<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:41 am --<br /><br />
DontLookBackInAnger said:

Banks left Leicester in 67.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.