Is Haaland already a City legend?

Has he not got the highest goals per appearance in our history or did I misread that? If that was over 6 games then Id say no, but over more than one season, then yes, absolutely.

He's definitely the best striker I've seen at the club in terms of goals, but he's got to do it for a number of seasons really.

When I think of "legends" I think of players who have scored "that" crucial goal.

Aguero = THAT goal v QPR
Kompany = THAT goal v Leicester and THAT goal v United
Yaya = THAT goal v United in the semi, THAT goal that won the FA Cup
Rodri = THAT goal v Inter
Gundogan = THAT goal v United, THAT goal(s) v Villa
Dickov = THAT goal v Gillingham

I know there's other real legends I've missed off like Silva and KdB for example. But having "THAT goal" just makes you a legend. It's just something I think you have to do - create an undeniable turning point, a point that changes the course of footballing history.

Personally, I think Haaland is going to have to adapt his game this season and there's no better coach in the world to do that than Pep. He's getting heavily marked and teams are trying to suffocate his game. Of course, other players will step into the space - I think Alvarez is really benefitting from this, but a great player will figure out what he needs to do. He's going to have to get more involved if he's not going to score with every touch!

However, if he manages to keep up his record of roughly a goal a game for a few seasons, that would be a phenomenal record and hard to deny legendary status!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.