Is it fair.....?

pee dubyas crayons

...for people who earn more money to have to pay a higher % of their earnings to the tax man than those on lower incomes?

dscf1578_mid.jpg

Good luck (you're gonna need it)!

squirtyflower said:
No-one should have to pay income tax

Then how exactly do you propose we fund those little irrelevencies such as Education,the National Health Service,Defence and Social Welfare?

In reply to the original poster - yes - I do think that income tax should be pro-rata to earnings,but more of a sliding scale - that is,those on very low wages pay little or nothing and those on high incomes pay an increased rate.
But the system should be far more structured than the present one,and not just have 2 or 3 rates of tax.

RyantheBlue said:
Is it fair that next year I won't get EMA at college because my parents are both working at a good salary and someone I know get's £30 a week because his Dad is lazy and claims benefits for an injury that doesn't exist?

I have a friend claiming EMA because his mum was single parent and she didn't earn a great deal. However they didn't let on, of course, that her boyfriend was a multi-millionaire with his own business and ensured the family were always looked after.
He spent every Friday night down the pub bragging about this!

Meanwhile other students had to earn their own drinking money.

squirtyflower said:
RyantheBlue said:
Is it fair that next year I won't get EMA at college because my parents are both working at a good salary and someone I know get's £30 a week because his Dad is lazy and claims benefits for an injury that doesn't exist?

I have a friend claiming EMA because his mum was single parent and she didn't earn a great deal. However they didn't let on, of course, that her boyfriend was a multi-millionaire with his own business and ensured the family were always looked after.
He spent every Friday night bragging about this!

Meanwhile other students had to earn their own drinking money.

I wouldn't mind but whilst I'm out looking for a job (which I have no problem with doing as I wanna' get working part-time earning something whilst I'm in college) this mate will do next to nothing, get given 30 quid a week because his Dad can work but can't really be fussed. I have nothing against the EMA policy, just this case in particular wound me up.

Saying that If I'm working I suppose I'll have a bit more money to do what I want anyway :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.