Is it fair.....?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
squirtyflower said:
No-one should have to pay income tax

Then how exactly do you propose we fund those little irrelevencies such as Education,the National Health Service,Defence and Social Welfare?

In reply to the original poster - yes - I do think that income tax should be pro-rata to earnings,but more of a sliding scale - that is,those on very low wages pay little or nothing and those on high incomes pay an increased rate.
But the system should be far more structured than the present one,and not just have 2 or 3 rates of tax.

I would go in the opposite direction. Over the years we have built up such a complicated tax system that even HM tax inspectors don't understand it and its openly challenged by advisors to the rich. I would advocate a much simpler system that enslaves all.

Havent looked into it too deeply, but I keep hearing FairTax being bandied about over here. They propose to scrap income tax as it stands, and add a 23% tax to all goods and services bought.

Im sure it has its flaws, but on the surface you would only be taxed on what you buy. Buy a fuck off big yacht or a 100k car....pay the piper.

(all you who are clued up on this kind of thing, feel free to fill me in on why its a bad idea, cos I've no fooking idea what Im on about half the time... ;)

of course its unfair .Its about 351 on the list of unfair things that afflict this divided nasty little island .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.