Is it important to you to win the Champions League?

Is it important to you to win the Champions League?

• Yes

Votes: 206 67.5%
  • No

Votes: 99 32.5%

• Total voters
Yes it is important, the Club will be elevated to the next level if we win the Champions League, and I believe we are close to winning it, we just need a bit of luck, and once we do win it we could go on and win it again. City will then be recognised through out the world, and that will bring its rewards and recognition, which I want for our Club.

We need to win it.
Our players want to win it.

However I do not have the same emotional attachment to it. Its now a made up bastardisation of a competition to suit armchair fans who consider watching on the tele equates to watching games live. Its like the skybet advert claiming watching a live game on the tele is somehow a "live " experience. It is not and never will be.

I cried at the end of the Gillingham game the FA semi against the Scum the final against Stoke. I was in tears when Vinny scored against the Rags to put us ahead on goal difference and again when we played QPR.

There was a tear in my eye when the King came on for the second half when we played Newcastle.

When (not if) we win the CL I will smile and celebrate with my adult children ( if I am still alive and kicking), however it will not bring me to my knees as other moments did.

I want to watch us win each and every game.

100%. With you all the way on this. The obvious corruption within UEFA and the way in which this competition is being run has chipped away at any feelings I had for it. There is something fundamentally wrong about a knockout competition that can be won by a team that loses 4 games along the way. Whilst I would obviously enjoy it if we won the CL, no way would I feel the emotion of those moments you mention.
It's a tick the box event for me, just to win it and shut a lot of people up. Winning the PL is a much tougher ask and therefore means more to me.

I don’t enjoy Champions League football. I find it frustrating to watch. It’s like a different code of football to the Premier League and an inferior code at that. No matter how bad we think PL refs are, the CL refs are fucking appalling! Refs fall for every dive and the games are too stop-start-stop, the games really lack flow.

I find the group stage (“stage” is the right word because the seedings make them staged as fuck) boring! And I find away goals an unfair concept, and the fact that the away team in the second leg potentially get an extra half an hour of extra time to score them is proper unfair.

I don’t enjoy CL nights at the Etihad. With tourists and away fans all over the home end, and the shit drum atmospheres of away fans just droning on-and-on with no words over-and-over. I actually find CL nights really annoying! The only games I’ve really looked forward to and enjoyed the nights (but not the results) were the Liverpool and Spurs games because there were fewer tourists, no away fans noticeable in the home end, and the atmospheres weren’t annoying as fuck.

However, I go because the players need our support, and they and everyone in the management team and boardroom really want to win this competition, and for the club’s stature it is the next step for us to take. Overall, take away the shit parts of it and just thinking of the prestige of winning it; yes, it’s important! But it won’t mean as much to me as winning the PL does (and take Brian Clough and Pep Giardiola’s comments on the same thing over the years, they’ve stated the same). I think a lot of that is because I only think about the CL when the games are coming up, and only playing a maximum of 13 games a season in it, it’s not really on my mind that much; whereas I live and breathe the PL.

Last edited by a moderator:
The question of the poll was "Is it important to you to win the Champions league".

Nah, not really.
But at the same time I want us to win every single time we enter the field, no matter against who, no matter which competition.

But I fully understand that it is very important for our club, for the players.

Nothing to be said that already hasn't been said. players want it, the club wants it, the media judge you by it.

Me personally? Couldn't care less.
Man after my own heart MW.You only have to look at all the bent bastards than have have been "found out" at UEFA,to see why I hate the twats and the competition.
I stopped going to CL home games some 2 years ago but I can understand why the Club wants it.

Yes. It’s a badge of pride And further underscores this teams brilliance. Would be a fitting reward for Fern and Kun. Would love it for Pep and the whole management team. At the very least it would stop the stupid questions from Dipper/Rag loving journos.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.