Is it important to you to win the Champions League?

Is it important to you to win the Champions League?

• Yes

Votes: 206 67.5%
  • No

Votes: 99 32.5%

• Total voters
No not at all. It continues to be the Emperor's New Clothes and pales into significance for me compared to being Champions of England.

I can understand why it seems such a prize for other European Leagues as most of those are dogshit one or two horse races, but being the Champions of a England where probably 10 teams could be comparative in the CL, is far more an achievement than being German, French, Spanish or Italian Champions (where you can roll over 95%) of teams and then concentrating winning the CL as your main effort.

It is now purely to tick it off at last. Win it once and its done. It won't be easy as anything can happen in knock out football.

Having done lots of Euro away's after spending years of dreaming of going it would be slightly hypocritical to say no, its get the monkey off our back time which will no doubt happen sooner or later. Will winning it compare to a day at Wembley turning Utd over or the Aguero 93.20 moment I doubt it very much, the trophy seems ever so tainted by UEFA's constant persecution of our club.

Nope. Would rather be Champions of England. All day and every day.

I don't care about other fans and I feel that a lot of Blues want to win it just to shit them up. Fuck them.

You can be CL winner and finish 5th in England. Utter shite.

Champions of England...... Sounds better to me.

I have no emotional feel for the Champions League. I hate its contrived format and the corruption of the officials who run it. The Premier League will always be the number one target for me. But until we win the CL we will never get the global respect that this magnificent team deserves. I think that winning it would transform the club's reputation across the world (not in the UK where the racist media will still prevail). We have simply got to win it to cement our place in history. Pep's team deserves it.

Yes
Winning the league is the ultimate achievement but the champions league is more prestigious and is important to the club off the pitch as well as on it. Plus we need to get the monkey off our back because it's one of the few sticks left to beat us with

For the club I think it’s important we win it ASAP.

For me as a fan it would be nice to win it but if it was a choice between the league and CL I’d go league every time.

If we want to be the best we have to win this cup. City as a club want the recognition and prestige that the chumps league brings.

Personality, I would like to win it for 4 reasons:

1. The owners would be delighted.
2. Help us attract players that deem it important.
3.It would annoy and boil a lot of piss.
4. Get the monkey off our back.

All that aside. I hate the corrupt bias greedy bastards. The whole FFP racket is a fucking disgrace.

Nope. I genuinely don't see it as this pinnacle of football that it's marketed as. Its a heavily weighted cup competition where the draw has a big say on the outcome, its quite often that the winners are nowhere near the best team that season even in their own league.

I want us to win it because I want us to win every single competition we enter but its always the league as the priority every single time and then the cups all trail that by some distance.

Shutting up the bitter bastards and ending the cliches would be nice but couldn't really give a fuck about that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.