Is it important to you to win the Champions League?

Is it important to you to win the Champions League?

• Yes

Votes: 206 67.5%
  • No

Votes: 99 32.5%

• Total voters
That's exactly how I feel about it as well.

The champions league is a knock out competition lottery Spurs reached the final not too long ago! I want City to win every game we play and it would be great to win it, but I'd pick the league over the champions league every time.
The fact that spuds reached the final at our expense still annoys me.
The way they played in that final was pathetic and exasperating.
I mean why even bother getting there, if you are only needed to play support act to help improve the dippers 'glorious' C/L 'istry?
I am quite certain that had we been playing in that final it would have been an infinitely better match and the outcome rather less predictable.
Some people might say that after 'just missing out' on the Premier League title the way they did that the dippers deserved something from the season.
I disagree.
If the dippers wanted to be lauded as champions, then they should have been made to work for that status and not just have the damned trophy handed to them on a silver platter! A complete travesty of what a final should be, a pyrrhic victory, a 'victory' gained, but by losing something far greater. Both teams were guilty of committing fraud that night. Whatever little integrity they each had, was ditched for thirty pieces of silver.
The bloody dippers shouldn't even have been in the final for a start! They should have been thrown out of the competition after the attack on our team coach. I mean they do have previous form for violent and deadly behaviour.
European Champions?! WORLD Champions?!!! I mean, the dippers weren't even English Champions!!!!!

In answer to the question, "Do I want City to win the Champions League?"
Damn right I do!
I want us to play the dippers in the final and grind them into the dirt with the heaviest defeat ever inflicted on any team in the competition, EVER.
That would be some record to hold.
Some record indeed.

I want us to win everything on offer and the CL is an absolute must. More than one in the next 3 attempts please Pep

Would be nice to as it is stupidly held as a marker of a great team, the champions of champions when in fact it lost that status when it diluted itself into a cash cow, win it because it is a trophy and we should aim to win them all, also something we haven't won so it would be nice

However If we never do I won't lose sleep over it, the league is the marker for me the cups are a bonus and nice to win, I am happy to win the FA cup or caribao as I much as I am the champs league.

Last edited:
Of course it is important. Globally the impact of us winning the CL would be huge. It is the biggest team cup competition in the world. Win it 7 times on the bounce for me and shut the fecking lot of them up.

Liked your post but I don't agree with your last sentence and hope you are wrong about it being the final chapter ;-)

Yes, I know what you mean, but I was basically saying that we will have conquered everything on our trek to the summit. It won't hopefully be the final chapter of success but it will be the final step on the journey to the top. Then it's about staying there and trying to be the best there's ever been.

when people say, "I'm not bothered", are they just saying that so when we do go out they can put a brave face on, "well i wasnt bothered about it anyway", i want to win every match, and if its a champions league match then i want to win that, i want to win every cup going to us, the champions league would take us to a new global level, and people say they aren't bothered.

just imagine winning 4 trophies this season, league, fa cup, league cup and the champions league, next season the charity shield, the world club cup, the super cup, the premier league , fa cup , league cup, and the champions league, i want to win it all, and to say "im not bothered" is an insult to all the hard graft the club has put into the last 12 years.

I would like us to play Bayern in the final and humiliate them 5:0

I would like them to get two of the softest penalties ever seen and Eddy to save both of them.

Four of our goals to be worldies and one to be an own goal (just to rub it in)

I would like to see Karl Heinz Rummenigge burst into tears at the end and taken away blubbering incoherently

I'm from the states... and so I place more importance in the C/L than the true, native fans :-)
===
Like it or not, though, a metric for team greatness is whether or not you won the C/L.

ATM we're the best side in world football - but if we fail to win the C/L we won't be seen as such.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.