Is it important to you to win the Champions League?

Is it important to you to win the Champions League?

• Yes

Votes: 206 67.5%
  • No

Votes: 99 32.5%

• Total voters
And that is part of the problem!

Do you really think they want their showpiece game of the season beamed across the world with 1,000's of City fans booing them?
Best to get us out the way in the earlier rounds by any means !

With no fans to 'boo' it this season maybe they'll let us win it?

Naw, can't see it myself!
Very good point, no fans, no booing. UEFA might think it’s a good opportunity to let City win it and get it over with, without any embarrassing booing.

Absolutely correct. Great post.

It's clear that there is a world of difference between the thinking of fans immersed almost 24/7 in PLs/UEFAs 'modern' game and those of us who only had Saturday afternoons, the odd midweek and the Pink to influence us.
The odd midweek, under floodlights, one on each corner,magical.

I would like City to be KIngs of Europe. Who wouldn't.

Over the years City fans have built up natural defences for not winning it and seeing Man Utd and Liverpool win it. "I'm not bothered". Some have completely justified this to themselves. and even refuse to go.
Actually this is pretty true. I've watched plenty of games hoping the Europeans would batter both. And give it large to the neighbours when they did. How times have changed

Voted yes just so we may get the recognition that this team deserves for the last 4 years. Best English team ever to play the game, no argument it should be fact. 100points, most wins, most goals, longest winning run etc..

Following the group stages it is a cup competition for "good" teams and being a cup competition means generally that luck is involved
You can also add to this that you can lose a stack of games, 50%+, and still win it, so it's no Premier league and unlike the Prem you don't play every team in the competition
Would I like us to win it, yes (purely for the boiling piss)
Would I take the Prem every year above the CL, absolutely

Very well said.

I was brought up on stories of Billy McNeill and the Lisbon Lions, Capello's AC Milan, Red Star in Bari and Cruyff's Ajax winning three in a row. I believe you have to differentiate between the shortcomings of the present-day organising body and the illustrious competition steeped in history, prestige and sought after by just about everyone. I think we have to win it in order for most people to change their minds.

I have spoken to a lot of sensible fans of other clubs at varying levels in the football pyramid and none of them can understand why our fans are so blasé about the competition. When I say it's due to perceived corruption, they say something along the lines of "and you don't think your title win in 18/19 was a season fraught with dubious decisions to try to stop you?"
A very good point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.