Is it me?

well said.

ive been screaming all season for us to show a bit of grit, a bit of bottle, and when we find ourselves in a fix, to be able to drag ourselves out of it.

we did just that today.

we are always going to be frustrated by teams who put 11 men behind the ball, especially at home!

that wont ever change, but now hopefully we can believe we can fight out a draw, and hopefully in the future, wins

Ducado said:
The anti Hughes mob on here are only happy in defeat, nothing the team does will make them happy they have one agenda, I would go as far to say that they are not real City fans at all!

Yeah right. As a fully paid up memeber of the 'Hughes-aint-good-enough' mob I was f**king delighted with the comeback and the result. I also think there are some signs of the squad and manager getting their act together which is great because no way do I want us doing a hasty lets search for a manager farce mid season.

We can conduct a proper review of the managers position in the summer and then employ a top class manager to replace Hughes. And by top class I mean Jose Mourinho :)

TheMightyQuinn said:
forevercity said:
i was proud of the fightback for 10mins. After that, i reflected on the game and we were outplayed for 85mins and we were shite. Im new to this anti manager thing, but anyone who watched that and can be happy must need their heads examined.

outplayed by WBA and Blackburn now, still, we can look forward to Bellamy coming in jan....

Outplayed?

At one point we had 81% possession for 10minutes. Ok, we were hardly on fire but we did just enough, on paper.

ok mate, maybe not for 85mins, but large parts of the game. We just kept on giving them the ball and invited them onto us.

I think you're right. I also think we showed today that 2/3 players will make a big difference for us. If we'd had quality left back, a centre back who could pass the ball under pressure and a proper midfielder playing in Elano's position I think we'd have won comfortably today (by proper I mean I see Elano as a striker or 'forward' in behind, not as a midfielder in the Michael Essien sense of the word).

I don't think we're that far off. I wish the Hughes outers would just give him January and wait til the end of the season, which is when I'll take a stance.

Ducado said:
The anti Hughes mob on here are only happy in defeat, nothing the team does will make them happy they have one agenda, I would go as far to say that they are not real City fans at all!

What a ridiculous statement.

So any body who believes we would be better off under a different manager is not a real City fan???

We love the wins as much as anybody but we are a bit more realistic in that we can see that things are not working as we had hoped when he took over. If there were actual postives in the loses and draws then i for one would not be calling for him to go. But i dont. there is nothing in the performances that makes me thinks City are actually on the up. We appear completely clueless most of the game, in most games, and while i am delighted we came back from 2 goals down today, again i am realistic and think that playing Blackburn, another bottom of the table side, we should have a bit more about us than having to fight back from 2 goals down.

IMO, he is not going to take us to premier and Euro Glory, regardless of the Arab millions. We need a manager who can handle the quality players that all City fans are hoping we can attract.

But whatever the outcome.............. We are all true City fans!!!

Ducado said:
The reason people are Anti Hughes is because we are near the bottom of the league & at times playing crap football .If we were winning & near the top of the league the fans would be won over

forevercity said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Or do a select few people seem to be a bit peeved we managed to fight for a draw today?

We've all bemoaned our spinelessness recently so for us to come back from 2-0 down with minutes left, for me, is a step in the right direction.

Granted, our comeback means the anti Hughes, anti Elano, anti everything mob will be at a loss for what to complain about but hey ho, we could always complain that Robinho's celebration was a little less impressive than usual, must be unhappy and want to leave or something ;)

i was proud of the fightback for 10mins. After that, i reflected on the game and we were outplayed for 85mins and we were shite. Im new to this anti manager thing, but anyone who watched that and can be happy must need their heads examined.

outplayed by WBA and Blackburn now, still, we can look forward to Bellamy coming in jan....

What a crock of shite

cyberblue said:
Ducado said:
The reason people are Anti Hughes is because we are near the bottom of the league & at times playing crap football .If we were winning & near the top of the league the fans would be won over

Sorry but second top scorers in the Prem does not come about by Crap football !

And you forgot to mention the Defence & you dont lose as many games as we have if we wernt playing crap football At Times

TheMightyQuinn said:
Or do a select few people seem to be a bit peeved we managed to fight for a draw today?

We've all bemoaned our spinelessness recently so for us to come back from 2-0 down with minutes left, for me, is a step in the right direction.

Granted, our comeback means the anti Hughes, anti Elano, anti everything mob will be at a loss for what to complain about but hey ho, we could always complain that Robinho's celebration was a little less impressive than usual, must be unhappy and want to leave or something ;)
im a city supporter im happy as fook we managed to get a draw from 2-0 in 84th min...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.