Is it possible

Aphex said:
No

You would certainly know defeat and a win, but the concept of what it means, no.

I beg to differ, in that you WOULD know the concept of it if you had to listen to two adults arguing about the match over Sunday dinner. And that is every Sunday from the day you were born.

de niro said:
mackenzie said:
To have memories of City from when you were a 4 year old kid? I believe I do, mainly from remembering how much the footie scores mattered on match day and the sense of knowing that City played a big part in our lives.
It's just that I was told today that this was impossible.

not sure sharon but i was 4 when united suffered their crash at munich and i can clearly see the tv news showing matt busby and co.
Thanks bill.

4 is quite young, but I wouldn't necessarily rule it out. Depends what your memories consist of, memories start after about 2 years old but they're of a very sporadic nature and not necessarily reliable or clear.

I can remember my first ever game, I think I was about 6. Our school were given free tickets for 10 kids to go in the North Stand, would have been about 78, and I wasn't quite "confirmed" by then. I remember being fascinated by the things in the little shop, I bought some stickers with the money my Mum had given me. After that it was reserve games with Dad that confirmed me. He was a bit careful with his money was my Dad.

i suppose its all about impact, munich was devastating for our family (all blues) our friends and in fact the whole country.
hence it was never out of the news.

mackenzie said:
Aphex said:
No

You would certainly know defeat and a win, but the concept of what it means, no.

I beg to differ, in that you WOULD know the concept of it if you had to listen to two adults arguing about the match over Sunday dinner. And that is every Sunday from the day you were born.

Ever heard of hindsight?

It's what we all use, to some extent to either create, or recreate memory's

Fill your boots: <a class="postlink" href="http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindsight_bias" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindsight_bias</a>

The 4 year old you were, is certainly not the same one you like to portray...

Aphex said:
mackenzie said:
Aphex said:
No

Ever heard of hindsight?

It's what we all use, to some extent to either create, or recreate memory's

Fill your boots: <a class="postlink" href="http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindsight_bias" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindsight_bias</a>

The 4 year old you were, is certainly not the same one you like to portray...
Bollocks.
I was there. I know what I remember. And I certainly remember stuff from my early years, city included, because I had to be mentally tuned into stuff that was going on in the family at that time. That is why I remember.

While I remember going to games with my dad, 1968 Charity Shield at Maine Road was my first non reserve game, apparently, the first I remember was the 1969 FA Cup Final being stood on the first row at wembley and being to low down to see who kicked the ball into the net, just seeing it hit the back of the net. Then a nice kip on the train back home... a good day for an eight year old

Apparently I was on my dad's shoulders in the Kippax in the the mid/late 50's. Don't remember fuck all. Those who know me won't be surprised.

My earliest City memory (indeed football memory) was the 1969 Cup Final aged 6.
My grandad (huge Blue, my mum's dad) was watching on TV and me and one of my brothers were just kicking a ball in his garden, way to young to actually sit there and watch a game! I do recall going in the house every now and then and ''City were winning'' and I'd pop back into the garden and carry on playing.
Shortly after that, my first City kit was bought... red and black striped.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.