Is it really necessary to slag the club off

We can't win the league every season

No further trophies despite the outlay on players and development? Underachievement for me.

The Premier League is all but over and the Champions League unlikely. A domestic cup double? That ok?

I would sell me soul to the devil for my kids to see my lot win a cup, never mind the league....

2 * 100 points seasons (near enough)....it was always going to be difficult to keep that intensity up.,.it has been a sensational run for you all....on the back of the never to be forgotten 93:20.

Keep enjoying the wonderful players, you have the benefit of watching for your team.

One thing the club needs to deal better with is the media. We seem to take the attitude that if we don't kick up a fuss then we'll be welcomed into the fold. 11 years on from the take over, and nigh on 8 years since we really announced ourselves as serious contenders, this clearly isn't the case.

Instead, because I think the club are seen as something of a soft touch, we have all manner of individuals (mostly, it has to be said, from a city that built itself off the back of the Transatlantic slave trade) in the public eye maligning us given every opportunity, smug tossers like lineker and green making sly, snide digs, and every tom, dick and harry thinking its acceptable to make whatever vicious and in most cases libellous / slanderous statements happen to drop into the vacuum between their ears at any given moment.

We've even had fat bastard and all round shit shouty 'commentator' jonathan pearce referring to us a 'disgusting club'.

I'd wager that at least 15-25% of those present at Pep's weekly press conferences have been responsible for making statements about us that would have seen their press privileges withdrawn by any other top flight club.

Last edited:
It’s 26 years since many of us were being chased across the Maine Road forecourt by riot police during the Swales Out protests. It must be about a decade ago when we didn’t raise a murmur during Mark Hughes’ underhand sacking and it was evident that we had become a more sanitised fanbase.
And then 3 years after that when our great saviour Mancini was unforgivably shown the door in the most shameful way possible to be replaced by a guy who most of us had barely heard of and only the young cokeheads at Wembley seemed to be angry about it. Maybe we’re not so much sanitised as aged.

And then 3 years after that when our great saviour Mancini was unforgivably shown the door in the most shameful way possible to be replaced by a guy who most of us had barely heard of and only the young cokeheads at Wembley seemed to be angry about it. Maybe we’re not so much sanitised as aged.

The “handling” of Mancini’s sacking showed up the Club's naivety with media relations. It ruined many people’s day out at Wembley in the FA Cup and the result only worsened that.

That said, we’ve gone on to bigger and better things but the relationship between those running the Club and the fans has never quite hit the same note as the best of the Mancini years.

The “handling” of Mancini’s sacking showed up the Club's naivety with media relations. It ruined many people’s day out at Wembley in the FA Cup and the result only worsened that.

That said, we’ve gone on to bigger and better things but the relationship between those running the Club and the fans has never quite hit the same note as the best of the Mancini years.
Hate the word but it shows the “disconnect” that exists between the owners and the fans that will never be overcome no matter how many platitudes regarding fans importance the smooth talking khaldoon comes out with in his polished end of season monologues. They just had no idea what Mancini, the success he brought and the manner in which he conducted himself meant to the ordinary fan. They had no understanding of the giant cloud that this man had helped lift from all our lives and the happiness he brought us. Having to say our mutual goodbyes via newspaper adverts was unforgivable.

Subsequent events, regardless of the unparalleled success we’ve enjoyed, have only added to the feeling that they’re not really “ my City” anymore.

getting worse and worse with criticism of the club, how its run, the match day experience etc etc.

if you are unhappy do something about it rather than moaning about it or alternatively don't.

Like what ? What exactly could I do to stop the club selling tickets to ticket agencies ?? Or increasing season ticket prices. Two perfectly legitimate things to complain about. Many fans feel very alienated from the club right now

I could stop going. I suppose. The alright jacks aren’t bothered though about any of these issues

It’s absolutely not necessary to slag the club off for not winning the league, particularly when us not winning a trophy is turning into an anomaly rather than the norm.

Winning more or less doesn’t make other concerns any less legitimate or valid though. A lot of it could be reclassified as criticism of football in general and it’s the same for everyone, but our club is our means of experiencing that though.

Some of the criticism is also because of the mistaken belief every fan base has that their club is somehow different and so hold them to higher standards when they experience the reality.

I would say though that a lot of the criticism I see on here is things that fans wouldn’t share with fans of other clubs, at least not partisan fans of other clubs. It’s party because it is a city forum, it’s akin to members of a family can criticise but woe betide anyone else doing it!

I would sell me soul to the devil for my kids to see my lot win a cup, never mind the league....

2 * 100 points seasons (near enough)....it was always going to be difficult to keep that intensity up.,.it has been a sensational run for you all....on the back of the never to be forgotten 93:20.

Keep enjoying the wonderful players, you have the benefit of watching for your team.
Never forgotten when you brought about 15 thousand to Maine road and we relegated you. Hardly any trouble and many blues drinking amongst mackems in harmony after the game.
Respect mate.... Always had a soft spot for Sunderland since. I'd love to see Sunderland win a cup. Winning trophies is not just about us winning them, let's not forget that. Here's a clip of the game. Did you go to this game?
Niall Quinn's disco pants are the best, they go from his arse to his chest. They're better than Adam and the Ants, Niall Quinn's disco pants: )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.