Is it right to blame your players in public ?

mancity1 said:
ChicagoBlue said:
If he does NOT have a go at the players after that performance, then WHEN?

He said about two players played well. He was trying to be fair to Zaba and Clichy....and I even think they were WAAAAAAAY too far forward when Barry got the ball right before the first goal.

It was a nightmare performance and given that we have now dropped 7 points from 9, against two teams in the bottom third and one from the middle third, it points to a team that has run out of energy and ideas. And, with the exception of half the game at QPR, we have been played off the park for looooooooooooong stretches in all 3 games.

Too many draws this season, and no real match winners in sight in most games. Too bad there are not four or five Zaba's and a handful of Milner's on this team, because at least they will work their arses off when things are not going as well as they would like. Too many players disappear when the going gets tough.

And, if Yaya was fit enough to be on the pitch for 90 minutes, how can Kolo not have been fit to play in the right center half position, freeing Garcia to play in midfield or on the bench? No way the midfield that was picked to play was anywhere close to suitable for the team and the conditions. Nasri? Really? Milner all day every day, especially given his recent form!

Even Zaba and Clichy were well below the level they have set for themselves and not to give them an excuse but you could see how disgusted/dismayed they were at others just not trying , not doing the very basics so they caught out as you say trying to do the work of two players on some occasions.

Our midfield was non existent.

i absolutely love gail and pablo, the amount of times you see them give 100 percent, it fucks me right off when others dont try as hard, how many times did clichy try and chase and press even all the way to their keeper. the blokes sensational.

mancmackem said:
Camo Bentley said:
Has Bobby ever held up his own hand for blame? I can't recall that happening...

Yes, he has blamed results on poor tactics and wrong team selection twice. One or those was a champions league game.

I have respect for managers that do that and even more respect when they learn from the mistakes they've made, Bob hasn't learnt from previous mistakes, that's the problem.

Dubai Blue said:
NQCitizen said:
If Mancini came out and talked about being happy with that performance and effort we'd be calling him clueless.
There's quite a hefty amount of middle ground between lambasting Hart in public like Mancini did and coming out all smiles declaring he's delighted with 2 points out of 9.

I think Hart needs a massive reality check, becoming as cocky and complacent as I've seen a City player be. His weaknesses get greater each game and hopefully he'll feel like he has something to prove again now.

NQCitizen said:
Dubai Blue said:
NQCitizen said:
If Mancini came out and talked about being happy with that performance and effort we'd be calling him clueless.
There's quite a hefty amount of middle ground between lambasting Hart in public like Mancini did and coming out all smiles declaring he's delighted with 2 points out of 9.

I think Hart needs a massive reality check, becoming as cocky and complacent as I've seen a City player be. His weaknesses get greater each game and hopefully he'll feel like he has something to prove again now.

You don't have the first clue what you're talking about, and not for the first time someone on this forum is putting their love for Mancini before what's best for the club.

Joe Hart complacent .... ? As I said yesterday some people are happy to sell our entire club out and blindly suck on a charlatan's tit.

Yes!
He has the right to blame the players in public just like how he praised the players in front of fans on victory parade.

NQCitizen said:
Dubai Blue said:
NQCitizen said:

you need therapy mate! Joe is human. There is not one single complacent bone in his body. Just remember that he is the last resort in the team and when you have the best part of 8/9 fecking donkeys in front of you that had complete lost the plot, thinking that Joe can clear up their mess, its not right.

I hate to say it, but you will not see united or chelsea playing a game like we did at Soton. They might have the occasional mare, but nothing like that melt down. There is not a single keeper out there that would not have been better than Joe, based on the shite being played in front of him. Joe will be the first name on any fucking team sheet in EUROPE.

BillyShears said:
NQCitizen said:
Dubai Blue said:

You don't have the first clue what you're talking about, and not for the first time someone on this forum is putting their love for Mancini before what's best for the club.

Joe Hart complacent .... ? As I said yesterday some people are happy to sell our entire club out and blindly suck on a charlatan's tit.

It's pretty easy just to claim someone you disagree with "doesn't know what they're talking about". Fact is Joe spends more and more time laughing and joking about with opposition players, pulling faces into cameras.

It's very dramatic to say I'm "selling our entire club" by stating our manager has a right to criticise a player. Also I don't see why Hart is the club and Mancini isn't?

His distribution is woeful, he boots the ball off the sideline and never creates a counter attack throwing it out quickly. He is very susceptible to anything on his left or from distance.

Last 4 of 5 goals we have conceded could have been dealt with better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.