Is it right to blame your players in public ?

ChicagoBlue said:
If he does NOT have a go at the players after that performance, then WHEN?

He said about two players played well. He was trying to be fair to Zaba and Clichy....and I even think they were WAAAAAAAY too far forward when Barry got the ball right before the first goal.

It was a nightmare performance and given that we have now dropped 7 points from 9, against two teams in the bottom third and one from the middle third, it points to a team that has run out of energy and ideas. And, with the exception of half the game at QPR, we have been played off the park for looooooooooooong stretches in all 3 games.

Too many draws this season, and no real match winners in sight in most games. Too bad there are not four or five Zaba's and a handful of Milner's on this team, because at least they will work their arses off when things are not going as well as they would like. Too many players disappear when the going gets tough.

And, if Yaya was fit enough to be on the pitch for 90 minutes, how can Kolo not have been fit to play in the right center half position, freeing Garcia to play in midfield or on the bench? No way the midfield that was picked to play was anywhere close to suitable for the team and the conditions. Nasri? Really? Milner all day every day, especially given his recent form!

Even Zaba and Clichy were well below the level they have set for themselves and not to give them an excuse but you could see how disgusted/dismayed they were at others just not trying , not doing the very basics so they caught out as you say trying to do the work of two players on some occasions.

Our midfield was non existent.

ChicagoBlue said:

He DOES do it after the match but behind closed doors. He mans the fuck up, looks each one in the eye and tells them direct that they were shite and how they can improve. It will also give him a chance to ask them why they never played in the manner he wanted because according to the OS interview they played without tactics?
I would be at the ground today showing them the dvd of the match and getting them to explain why they thought they should play in this way if they have not followed his instruction.
What I would not do is go on public record and slag off individuals. How does that motivate someone? It doesn't, it makes them angry and they feel betrayed. He looked like a whining kid who didn't get his own way.

LateBlue said:
ChicagoBlue said:

He DOES do it after the match but behind closed doors. He mans the fuck up, looks each one in the eye and tells them direct that they were shite and how they can improve. It will also give him a chance to ask them why they never played in the manner he wanted because according to the OS interview they played without tactics?
I would be at the ground today showing them the dvd of the match and getting them to explain why they thought they should play in this way if they have not followed his instruction.
What I would not do is go on public record and slag off individuals. How does that motivate someone? It doesn't, it makes them angry and they feel betrayed. He looked like a whining kid who didn't get his own way.
Agree completely. There perhaps is a time and place for public criticism of your players, even of individuals, but that criticism should be well thought out and, most importantly, constructive, coming after you have already spoken to them face to face. Mancini's problem is he shoots from the hip straight after the game with his raw emotions on full show, and I suspect he ends up regretting much of what he comes out with a day or two later when he's got his more rational head on.

Freestyler said:
Piss poor man management from Mancini, it's been like that since day one.
T1.jpg

article-2041697-0E1DC1D300000578-394_634x418.jpg

Balotelli-meme-02.jpg

Players will know they have dropped a bollock. Some will take exception to being pilloried for the mistake for which they have already held up their hands. If Mancini does exactly the same face to face on the training ground at Carrington I see no problem.

Mancini: Joe-a, you-a drop-a the bollock-a. You no play well-a this-a season-a.

Joe: Fuck off, I want a transfer!

Some times a good kick up the arse works, if it was
every bloody week then No as it would lose its
impact on the players,

FantasyIreland said:
A Poor workman blames his tools.

Any criticism should be kept behind closed doors.

If Mancini came out and talked about being happy with that performance and effort we'd be calling him clueless. Mancini’s passion and psychology has been a large part of our success in the league - he made United fall into complete complacency.

NQCitizen said:
If Mancini came out and talked about being happy with that performance and effort we'd be calling him clueless.
There's quite a hefty amount of middle ground between lambasting Hart in public like Mancini did and coming out all smiles declaring he's delighted with 2 points out of 9.

shrekmansour said:
I dont see what the problem is. Brendan Rodgers did it with Downing, Enrique, & Henderson at Liverpool and they have reacted well.

Thought that was a bit low myself. I don't think it gets the players on-side by publicly slaiting them. This is my one criticism of Mancini but I can't see him changing.<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:45 pm --<br /><br />
Camo Bentley said:
Has Bobby ever held up his own hand for blame? I can't recall that happening...

Yes has has actually - more than once too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.