Is it time for a mini-rebuild?

I think our squad has been getting weaker for a while now. Probably even before we won the treble. Seeing multiple consecutive games at our knitted creative best seems a long way back.

But as has been said our transition has to be gradual unless we are changing style of play dramatically.

IMO we need to...
1. Replace KDB, Bernardo and Walker as regular starters. (Not sure if that means they go but probable)
2. Find a role for Grealish that has him as a consistent MOTM contender (maybe in the middle instead of KDB or right instead of Bernardo) and if we can't sell him
3. Bring in a striker or no10 to compliment / compete with Alvarez and Haaland.
4. Replace Ederson if he goes but if not even better.

Basically from next summer, the 2025/26 season, you can only spend 70% of your income on purchases and wages it is currently set around 90%. It affects us more than most as we haven't much debt.
Basically this is the last summer window where we can spend 90% of revenue on the squad - next summer it is 70%
Basically, we can spend big this summer - but not next.
add in pep potentially leaving, its obvious now is the time to make a huge statement, spend big on young quality players

So that’s just -
Ederson
Bernardo
Nunes
Phillips
Gomez
Kovacic
Dias
Grealish
KDB
Stones

We entering a 5 a side league? We just won the league for the fourth team in a row and you want to get rid of 10 from the smallest squad in the league? Absolute madness
I certainly wouldn't be getting rid of them at all. Personally I hope they don't leave apart from Nunes and Phillips as they simply aren't good enough.

However there's questions around a few of them and some hard decisions need to be made, that's all I'm saying. For example if we can get decent fees from Saudi or Bayern Munich etc we should consider them.

I certainly wouldn't be getting rid of them at all. Personally I hope they don't leave apart from Nunes and Phillips as they simply aren't good enough.

However there's questions around a few of them and some hard decisions need to be made, that's all I'm saying. For example if we can get decent fees from Saudi or Bayern Munich etc we should consider them.
With the older players - when the time comes - I think we have to balance selling them for a good fee and keeping them in a more limited role. I don’t want to sell everyone just because they’re not a starter and then be left with a bench everyone b!tches and moans about because it includes lower quality players we bought to cover those who left. One easy way to increase the depth of the team is just to keep some of these players.

With the older players - when the time comes - I think we have to balance selling them for a good fee and keeping them in a more limited role. I don’t want to sell everyone just because they’re not a starter and then be left with a bench everyone b!tches and moans about because it includes lower quality players we bought to cover those who left. One easy way to increase the depth of the team is just to keep some of these players.

Yup, it's pretty rare that world class players will stay as playing second fiddle to other world class players, we need squad players for injuries and for resting players.

So when you mentioned all 10 you didn’t mean it?

Philips, Cancelo Go
Gomez, Bernie, Kyle and ONE of the keepers ( pref not Eddy) maybe go?
I would keep Nunes see if he has second season bounce I liked a lot of what I saw when he was given a chance ( trying a bit too hard ?)
In
That Porto keeper if one goes
Maatsen if Walker goes
Bruno G / Joao Neves if Bern goes plus one other mid
Savio (already done?)
Echeverri in Jan is it?
Can’t believe I am on here doing this already ;-) it’s a long summer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.