Is it time for City to move on from Kompany & Toure?

Kompany is, admittedly when fit, the best centre half in the league, nay Europe. We've spent £150m on the other 3 and none are remotely close to his standard (I do think Stones will be at some point the future). We all expected him to have times out of the team the frustration on this occasion is the reason why. We needed him last weekend and probably tonight. If he plays 60-70% of the games we win the league, no doubt in my mind. And with him in the team and everyone else fit I fancy us against pretty much any other team in Europe.
Yaya has, for me, been the best player of the last 39 years I've been going. But he is being phased out. His situation is different to Kompany in that we have got some really special midfield players. Having said that he still has something most of them don't and will play some part this season. I don't see him here beyond that.

Move on, get rid ,sell. This is the usual comments when Vinny gets injured. We can't move on as we can't sign a centre back to replace him. Get rid? What sack him? ,retire him? how does that work as for sell again kompany has a contract until 2019 , he' ll see that out at city and beyond in some role at the club. As for yaya I wish pep would be honest and tell us what the problem is.

As for yaya I wish pep would be honest and tell us what the problem is.
Maybe there isn't a problem, he might just be finding it too difficult to get fully match fit. It might just be a season too far for his legs. Don't think it's a huge deal he'll be third choice for that position when Gundogan is fully fit and he seems happy enough around the younger players in training. Might see him in he league cup.

Maybe there isn't a problem, he might just be finding it too difficult to get fully match fit. It might just be a season too far for his legs. Don't think it's a huge deal he'll be third choice for that position when Gundogan is fully fit and he seems happy enough around the younger players in training. Might see him in he league cup.
People seem to be assuming there is a problem when perhaps there's no issue at all. I think his role this season is as a squad player who will come into his own when the fixtures are heavy. The problem with that he does need some game time so that when called upon he can do a job. We've got WBA coming up in the League cup. Surely he will play then? I can see him on the bench v Watford as well. That is going to be difficult game

Vinny is Mr .Manchester City and if we can get at least 30 games from him this season, it will be a deciding contribution on our success this season , but all good things come to an end like Zabs,Hart and many more , unfortunately players have a sell by date and if a club is sentimental about extending players contracts then invariably it will harm the club. You just hope players like Zabs , Joe and Vinny will have some involvement in the future at City, and enjoy the memories these loyal and passionate players have given us. The times they are a changin

Kompany is, admittedly when fit, the best centre half in the league, nay Europe. We've spent £150m on the other 3 and none are remotely close to his standard (I do think Stones will be at some point the future). We all expected him to have times out of the team the frustration on this occasion is the reason why. We needed him last weekend and probably tonight. If he plays 60-70% of the games we win the league, no doubt in my mind. And with him in the team and everyone else fit I fancy us against pretty much any other team in Europe.
Yaya has, for me, been the best player of the last 39 years I've been going. But he is being phased out. His situation is different to Kompany in that we have got some really special midfield players. Having said that he still has something most of them don't and will play some part this season. I don't see him here beyond that.

The Yaya of recent times despite a brief flurry second half of last season has been nowhere near the best City player of the last 40 years. Was always a risk extending his contract and I wonder if we will regret it in time if he is not available when injuries/suspension kick in. The Vinny debate goes on and on I'm afraid, personally I think this will be last season in a City shirt and the circumstances surrounding his latest injury may act as a catalyst for his departure particularly if this latest setback lasts for weeks rather than days.

It's Yaya's last season anyway. If he gets his shit together (in whatever way Pep wants) he could still do a job for us over a long season and I hope he does - we aren't blessed with players who can do what he does.
I desperately hope Vinny gets fit - I really think his being fit is the difference between trophies and not for this season.
But as others have said we need his long term replacement.

It's Yaya's last season anyway. If he gets his shit together (in whatever way Pep wants) he could still do a job for us over a long season and I hope he does - we aren't blessed with players who can do what he does.
I desperately hope Vinny gets fit - I really think his being fit is the difference between trophies and not for this season.
But as others have said we need his long term replacement.
We're not as exposed in the central defenive position as last season because if need be we can play 4 at the back. It makes a difference when those full backs are two full backs who are at the top of the game. But I do think it's a weakness that we should have dealt with. we're only a handful of games in and it's the subject that fans are picking on. Shows its an issue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.