Is it time to get a big target man?

Having a big guy who can head as well as pass would give us more options in attack. Defending in depth againdt us would then be a very risky occupation.

Having a big guy who can head as well as pass would give us more options in attack. Defending in depth againdt us would then be a very risky occupation.
Would we have more points with a big man than we have now ? Doubt it so we don't need a big man we are doing just fine.

Spurs won't sell Kane to an English team unless it's for £1.4 billion.

There have been moments this season, but mainly last season, where I'd have liked to see Dzeko still playing for us, we some of the balls that KdB, the two Silva's, the fullbacks and Sane can put in, Dzeko would bag a hat full. However, we play a system which requires more than just being a target, it's all about fluidity really. I'm not saying big strikers can't offer that, but tall strikers with the quality that's required to play in our set up are in short supply. It'd be nice if we did have a big man to bring on when Plan A isn't working, but there isn't really a striker of that type out there at the moment that would be worth signing for us. That might change in the summer, depending on incomings/outgoings, but can't see us going for a big lump anytime soon.

A target man doesn’t have to be big.

Shearer, Les Ferdinand, Falcao are probably the three best headers of the ball I’ve ever seen and all good target and hold up men and none of them are over 6’0”. I don’t know why when someone says “target man” everyone thinks “oh for fuck’s sake, we don’t need Andy Carroll”

I know Kun scored two headers recently but he’s not reknowned for it, nor his hold up play. Having someone who can do that brings something else to the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.