Is it time to panic yet?

I said we would finish 6th this year at the start of the season and still think we can.

Not sure why anyone would think otherwise as the squad needs a complete overhaul.

Im just stunned that we are watching a team managed by Guardiola being so slow and meaningless in possession! Under Pellegrini it became the norm but we have reverted back to that under Pep!

Hart must be laughing his tits off.
I'm worried we won't get Champions League which may make attracting the players we need for a rehaul. The joke is that after spending over £300k in 2 years we shouldn't be needing a rehaul!

3 seasons of mediocre football has made me expect the worse but hope for the best. They say it's the hope that kills you.

So am I but to panic over it is ridiculous, we are not as good as the teams around us at present, but we are far from suddenly dropping out of the top six and chelsea, rags, scouse and spurs have shown one bad season can be recovered from, if we are fannying around like this next year then it's a worry.

Yeah, not panicking, just concerned we'll fall away from top 4 as next week won't be any easier. I don't see us dropping below 6th though.

What concerns me is I at one time thought we were a well oiled machine organizationally. Yet we have seen them allow City to grow old and uninspired right before our eyes. Any objective person could've seen this coming from a mile away and yet our hierarchy have waited far too late to bring in youth and we still haven't cleared out the older players we should've cleared out years ago.

And worse - the one veteran Pep did jettison was Hart....of all people. At least 5 players should've been replaced before he was. I'm starting to think we may not have the organization I thought we did. I'm very concerned.

We've fallen a long way below the standards we set under Mancini and in Pellers's first season.

Players have got old together, and we've generally made poor signings apart from KDB and Sterling.

Need a whole new defence, or at the very least a top class left back, this transfer window.
Need Hart back or another top class keeper.
Need Pep to realise we haven't got the players to play like his Barca team.
Need someone hard in midfield.
Need a clinical finisher who isn't bullied off the ball or runs into dead ends.

It's abysmal how we've sat on our arse for 3 seasons waiting for Pep, yet not have better players that can execute his system competently.

We do need to stop letting heads go down when we conced too.

This game was a microcosm of our season and failings. Lots of early possession. Shit finishing. Opposition score. Heads go down,.

Absolutely fucking shit.

What concerns me is I at one time thought we were a well oiled machine organizationally. Yet we have seen them allow City to grow old and uninspired right before our eyes. Any objective person could've seen this coming from a mile away and yet our hierarchy have waited far too late to bring in youth and we still haven't cleared out the older players we should've cleared out years ago.

And worse - the one veteran Pep did jettison was Hart....of all people. At least 5 players should've been replaced before he was. I'm starting to think we may not have the organization I thought we did. I'm very concerned.

True that, about bringing in youth. We seem to sign 15-17 year olds for the EDS, but hardly any around the 19-20 mark that are ready for the first team. We've spent hundreds of millions to let Spurs become better than us. Terrible scouting and planning in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.