Is left back really a problem?

We bought zinchenko for £1.7m according to the mail so why there is a need to offload him before signing another god only knows. If the opportunity comes to sign a lb we consider to be good enough who cares if zinchenko rots in the reserves until january
Zinchenko can at least play other positions and has been involved in our most successful period. Mendy has barely played, and apart from a handful of games, he's not been brilliant. I'm guessing it's either we can get more money for Zinchenko, or the comments his girlfriend made.

Zinchenko can at least play other positions and has been involved in our most successful period. Mendy has barely played, and apart from a handful of games, he's not been brilliant. I'm guessing it's either we can get more money for Zinchenko, or the comments his girlfriend made.

but correct me if I am wrong he has never played in any other Position for us (beyond coming inside like our full backs do or used to do more than they seem to now)

would he do a better job at holding midfield? I don’t believe so.

I can remember several occasions where he has been sloppy in possession when coming into the middle as well (Southampton away most recently)

but correct me if I am wrong he has never played in any other Position for us (beyond coming inside like our full backs do or used to do more than they seem to now)

would he do a better job at holding midfield? I don’t believe so.

I can remember several occasions where he has been sloppy in possession when coming into the middle as well (Southampton away most recently)
Rarely but he's played CM and I think LW once or twice against lower league in the Carabao. Just think he's better than Mendy is and a lot less injury prone. He's still young, and whilst I don't think he'll ever be a first choice player, he's still more reliable.

Alex Grimaldo from Benfica? Good passer, can send in a cross and pretty good defensively as well.

I think Benfica wanted around £30 million when Spurs were sniffing around him. Not a bad price for someone his age, and quality with potential to improve, imo.
To injury prone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.