Is left back really a problem?

We disagree then. Mendy is not that good a defender imo and his attacking threat was somewhat wayward the last few games he played.
Never good defensively but a wonderful threat going forward, but sadly does not look like that player since the injuries.

I think we should be fine with Mendy, Angelino and Ake. Angelino is HG and was one of Leipzigs best players. Ake would be great as an inverted LB in a 4atb, Mendy could play both as a LB in a back 4 and a wing-back in a 3atb and Angelino would be a great wing-back, maybe even in a back four. Pep teached a CM to defend pretty well, should be possible to do the same with Angelino who’s actually a defender. Three stylistically different LB options with different skill sets

Personally more concerned about the depth in cm/lw then at lb. With mendy, cancelo, ake and angelino (if we decide to keep him) we are fine At lb imo.

Mendy only missed six games through injuriy last season but was omitted from the squad entirely on a further ten occasions.

I think we should be fine with Mendy, Angelino and Ake. Angelino is HG and was one of Leipzigs best players. Ake would be great as an inverted LB in a 4atb, Mendy could play both as a LB in a back 4 and a wing-back in a 3atb and Angelino would be a great wing-back, maybe even in a back four. Pep teached a CM to defend pretty well, should be possible to do the same with Angelino who’s actually a defender. Three stylistically different LB options with different skill sets
Apparently Barca are sniffing round Angelino.

I agree Ake will probably play LB but I also think Mendy's time may be up. A four of Walker....LaPorte....KK....Ake Zinc and Cancelo to cover FB Fern and THB to cover CH.

I read Yan Couto was given first team assurances so assuming he is first team scehem,
Walker Couto as RBs
Cancelo Mendy as LBs
Ake covering for LB
Cancelo covering at RB.

Don't think Mendy will be sold, big loss given not many takers ar right price

And Angelino and Zinchenko gone

Is the left back position a problem, that is a very big yes we have grown accustomed to poor displays the likes of Clichy and Kolorov would be embarrassed about, Cancelo came in and it was like unbelievable, Cancelo could be a short term cover while we find a solution, and i would buy Frimpong back as a back up to Cancelo who will eventually will take Walkers spot.
That for me leaves one question why did we not buy when it became obvious that Mendy had problems,Tierney, Tsimikas and James have moved at a combined price of less than Mendy while not all are LWB`s they would have all challenged Mendy and probably surpassed him, something Angelino and Zinchenko were never going to be able to do

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.