Is left back really a problem?

Is the left back position a problem, that is a very big yes we have grown accustomed to poor displays the likes of Clichy and Kolorov would be embarrassed about, Cancelo came in and it was like unbelievable, Cancelo could be a short term cover while we find a solution, and i would buy Frimpong back as a back up to Cancelo who will eventually will take Walkers spot.
That for me leaves one question why did we not buy when it became obvious that Mendy had problems,Tierney, Tsimikas and James have moved at a combined price of less than Mendy while not all are LWB`s they would have all challenged Mendy and probably surpassed him, something Angelino and Zinchenko were never going to be able to do

Mendy was excellent when we got him and still decent this season once he had recovered from his injury it’s just people don’t want to remember or care about that and instead focus on his injuries and recovery period and the two games where he fell asleep for a split second and cost us but was actually playing well Zinchenko has done better than anyone expected in the position and is very solid and technical he is just not very exciting Angelino is performing at a high standard in a very good league just not played here and not rated at left back but is at left wing back this is some what unfair look at his highlights defending ask people to name specific mistakes he has made and you do not really get an answer Ake could play left back Cancelo has finally come good at left back not his chosen position.

There are few left backs of any quality anywhere.

Would rather any of our left backs than Chilwell based on how he got done by Mahrez I don’t think I have seen any of our left backs ever perform as badly as he did even Mendy after injury

How much have you actually seen of Frimpong ?

Mendy was excellent when we got him and still decent this season once he had recovered from his injury it’s just people don’t want to remember or care about that and instead focus on his injuries and recovery period and the two games where he fell asleep for a split second and cost us but was actually playing well Zinchenko has done better than anyone expected in the position and is very solid and technical he is just not very exciting Angelino is performing at a high standard in a very good league just not played here and not rated at left back but is at left wing back this is some what unfair look at his highlights defending ask people to name specific mistakes he has made and you do not really get an answer Ake could play left back Cancelo has finally come good at left back not his chosen position.

There are few left backs of any quality anywhere.

Would rather any of our left backs than Chilwell based on how he got done by Mahrez I don’t think I have seen any of our left backs ever perform as badly as he did even Mendy after injury

How much have you actually seen of Frimpong ?
I certainly do not want Chilwell, but who has outperformed Clichy a player who could not pass, Mendy will be here next season so will have another chance to prove his worth, another problem is our youth, it is nearly 6 years since Angelino made his debut and not one has come through since, we have not even bought to fill this deficiency WHY? are we scared of finding out we wasted £ 50 million?

I certainly do not want Chilwell, but who has outperformed Clichy a player who could not pass, Mendy will be here next season so will have another chance to prove his worth, another problem is our youth, it is nearly 6 years since Angelino made his debut and not one has come through since, we have not even bought to fill this deficiency WHY? are we scared of finding out we wasted £ 50 million?
How many Premier League or top Champions League sides have left backs from their academy in their first team squad, let alone starting 11?

How many Premier League or top Champions League sides have left backs from their academy in their first team squad, let alone starting 11?

How many have an academy as large as us, how many have as many as us on loan, we have bought nearly 20 youth players since the start of the season, a similar number as last year, it is one problem that we have not produced a player good enough to get into our squad at left back for nearly 6 years but it is a disgrace that we have not bought one to cover for a youth problem position in 6 years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.