Is left back really a problem?

If we don't get an LB then the formation needs to change. Perhaps due to a lot of the squad being out and new signings in Ake and Torres Pep feels limited, but Mendy continues to be the problem. His position of being high and wide is to occupy the opposition RB and have our left winger find space between the RB and CB. However, he's not even as good as Zinchenko in keeping and moving the ball. He loses the ball a lot and doesn't have the pace to recover especially from that position. Of course Zinch has his problems defending as well.

Torres would be a better option high and wide, even if he's right footed. He could do a better job in attacking and passing. Then have Ake as the inverted fullback staying deeper to defend against counters like what Delph used to do.

Angelino, Mendy, Ake, Zinchenko are not good enough full backs for us at this time. Sad to see Mendys demise after he showed so much promise at Monaco and in his early days with us but injuries have left him a shadow of what we saw. Angelino in his brief appearance with us didn't show what we needed. He's gone on and done well so, let him stay. He's not good enough defensively. Ake is a centre back, we need a dedicated left back who can get crosses in as you see a lot of the ball as a city full back, and get back and defend the break but be technically proficient, it's a tough job under Pep. Zinchenko is a midfielder at any team other than ours, he's played attacking mid and defensive mid for his country and excelled as both he just isn't good enough to get in our midfield. Again, not a dedicated left back. In my opinion and they won't sell is Digne at Everton who I think, would fit our system well. I can't think of any others who would fit Peps system.

We should just go all out for Alex Telles and steal him from the rags.

Has a year left on his deal so will go for €30m. Can’t say I’ve seen much of him but looking at his stats he scores goals, provides assists and doesn’t get injured often which means he’s already better than all of our left backs even if he apparently can’t defend.

Alex Grimaldo from Benfica? Good passer, can send in a cross and pretty good defensively as well.

I think Benfica wanted around £30 million when Spurs were sniffing around him. Not a bad price for someone his age, and quality with potential to improve, imo.

No left back=No premier league that’s the only position we need to now focus on if we bring in a left back I’ll be more than confident of winning the lot

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.