Is left back really a problem?

Keep Zin, try to offload Mendy.

Walker isn't getting any younger but he has a big contract and necessitates games on a regular basis, certainly when Pep wants to rest or rotate Cancelo.

I don't see the need to buy a left back when Cancelo also looks great there and can be kept further sweet for games, covering Zin for rotation or injury, especially as Ake and Laporte can also shift across in emergencies.

Added to that, City could bring Yan Couto back this summer and have big hopes for him at right back.

That will allow all of the above and ensure Couto is ready to get games as the potential Walker successor, back up to Cancelo on the right.
May be we can buy alaba. Real has some big financial issues and so do barcelona. Alaba has v few options and we can do better with him.

May be we can buy alaba. Real has some big financial issues and so do barcelona. Alaba has v few options and we can do better with him.
Don’t think he wants to come to us and I don’t think he is the right fight as Thiago wasn’t for us . Rather get a younger up and coming player .

Don’t think he wants to come to us and I don’t think he is the right fight as Thiago wasn’t for us . Rather get a younger up and coming player .
Gosens isn’t that young

Keep Zin, try to offload Mendy.

Walker isn't getting any younger but he has a big contract and necessitates games on a regular basis, certainly when Pep wants to rest or rotate Cancelo.

I don't see the need to buy a left back when Cancelo also looks great there and can be kept further sweet for games, covering Zin for rotation or injury, especially as Ake and Laporte can also shift across in emergencies.

Added to that, City could bring Yan Couto back this summer and have big hopes for him at right back.

That will allow all of the above and ensure Couto is ready to get games as the potential Walker successor, back up to Cancelo on the right.

So you think we are getting a left back we do not need ?

It’s not an immediate problem, but we’ll need to find someone who can consistently hit the byline. The system is working this year, but there will come a time when it doesn’t and we need to adapt, so better to have that piece of the jigsaw in the box.

If Alaba were to sign, in my opinion, no. Not only could he rotate with Zinc he could also be Ferns replacement as well allowing him to play midfield, perfect Pep signing if you ask me. U
He could also play CB. He would be a smart aquisition. Zinc or him at left back. Rodri or him at DM. Also if Laporte decides he unhappy with rotation and wants to leave/leaves. We’ve got our 4 CBS. We would also have his wages covered and more if Fern and Mendy goes and no transfer fee. Smaller squad but still plenty to allow for rotation. I’ve read Poch want Mendy at PSG for around £10 mill which would be the icing on the cake.

He could also play CB. He would be a smart aquisition. Zinc or him at left back. Rodri or him at DM. Also if Laporte decides he unhappy with rotation and wants to leave/leaves. We’ve got our 4 CBS. We would also have his wages covered and more if Fern and Mendy goes and no transfer fee. Smaller squad but still plenty to allow for rotation. I’ve read Poch want Mendy at PSG for around £10 mill which would be the icing on the cake.
What day does Pochettino want him dropped around?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.