Is left back really a problem?

IMO having an attacking LB is actually one of the problems. Mendy's hasn't been too bad attacking, but the positioning is the problem. Having the LB high and wide means they are unable to get back against counter attacks. So even if you have someone better than Mendy attacking, we would still have this problem because of the positioning.

It's better to have a capable left winger and/or 2 left sided players who can link up. This is why I can see the Grealish links. He can be another option on the left with Foden in case of injury, rotation etc. Having that type of player who can link up with the left sided midfielder means the LB can stay back further. Zinch is good in retaining possession, recycling and keeping the ball moving. Not the greatest defender, but the positioning of the inverted LB helps stops counter attacks on its own.
I think grealish will be the big signing we go for

No, left back isn’t a problem. We have 1 defensive midfielder if Fernandinho retires or moves on, 1 striker when Aguero moves on and we’ve had no left winger since Sane was sold.

I class Zinchenko as a left back now so there are two there and Mendy isn’t as bad as what’s made out on here.

I doubt we can get a DMC, AML and SC within our budget, ideally Fernandinho commits for another year, Grealish is bought for the left and we can either play Jesus/Doyle next season or play with no striker.

Replace Aguero the season after next if we need to and upgrade LB the season after worst case assuming Mendy doesn’t fulfil potential.

Granted we can improve the position but who would we get? There aren't a lot of options out there that will be a clear-cut better option than what we have.

No, left back isn’t a problem. We have 1 defensive midfielder if Fernandinho retires or moves on, 1 striker when Aguero moves on and we’ve had no left winger since Sane was sold.

I class Zinchenko as a left back now so there are two there and Mendy isn’t as bad as what’s made out on here.

I doubt we can get a DMC, AML and SC within our budget, ideally Fernandinho commits for another year, Grealish is bought for the left and we can either play Jesus/Doyle next season or play with no striker.

Replace Aguero the season after next if we need to and upgrade LB the season after worst case assuming Mendy doesn’t fulfil potential.
Mendy is crap. He cannot run, cannot defend at all and his tackling abilities is zero. Puts in 1 decent cross a game. If he isn't up to his potential now, he never will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.