Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

My personal experience of recent trips abroad using Manchester Airport have all been very positive ones
I flew out last Tuesday and it took me 13 minutes to get through to the departure lounge at Terminal 1
I think the airport has improved dramatically

Don't know what parallel universe some people go into at MCR airport, I've never had the slightest issue using it. Now Schiphol and Dalaman they are actual God awful airports.

Anyone know where T3 drop off is for disabled passengers?
Not sure if this helps, but you can pretty much drop off at the door at T3 in one of the drop off points, just a very short walk into the terminal, and fairly sure its wheelchair friendly as well.

Unfortunately, as the driver you can't get out of the car though, so you'll be fine if getting a taxi, but if you were dropping someone off then they'd have to sort themselves out once getting out the car.

Don't know what parallel universe some people go into at MCR airport, I've never had the slightest issue using it. Now Schiphol and Dalaman they are actual God awful airports.
Perhaps it's you. :-)
Schipol I haven't used in years so can't comment but Dalaman ! Piece of piss, helpful staff (Easyjet money making robbing wanker aside) passport control etc were great.
Passport control at Manchester on the other hand was appalling.

Never know why people have such an issue with Manchester airport. I fly, maybe, 6-8 times every 1/4, Europa and The Americas and never noticed an inferior service to other airports.

There are better ones but a million far worse ones

Last year we flew from Manchester three times. It wasn't that bad, time wise, but the trip to security was confusing and squashed and the facilities shambolic.

This year we've flown from Luton three times, much better facilities and checks, the only downside that it's Luton.

Perhaps it's you. :-)
Schipol I haven't used in years so can't comment but Dalaman ! Piece of piss, helpful staff (Easyjet money making robbing wanker aside) passport control etc were great.
Passport control at Manchester on the other hand was appalling.

I do take advantage of the fast track that lets me sail right through for a tenner, but sometimes I feel like its a bit of a waste of money as the queues never seem that bad.

Dalaman pisses me off with its 4 security checks and £20 big macs. Schiphol has calmed down a bit recently but there was a period when you could turn up 4 hours before yoir flight and still miss it.

I do take advantage of the fast track that lets me sail right through for a tenner, but sometimes I feel like its a bit of a waste of money as the queues never seem that bad.

Dalaman pisses me off with its 4 security checks and £20 big macs. Schiphol has calmed down a bit recently but there was a period when you could turn up 4 hours before yoir flight and still miss it.
Ah that's what I object to. Fast Track. To make money they need queues otherwise there is no point to it. We flew out on the Friday to Dalaman. We had to queue in the suitcase drop area to be allowed to queue for security. They were letting 20 or so through at a time. That is why I hate the place, it is a money making scam.

No.

I got through T2 going out and coming back from Istanbul really quickly. Plenty of places to eat and drink. The service was quick. It was clean and tidy as a rule, if already a little worn looking in places.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.