Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

Stansted on Tuesday was fine. Free drop off and ferry bus to the airport itself. Through security in fifteen minutes. No queue at the airport bar for a San Miguel. Leaving Sabiha Gokcen was fine too. I’m currently enjoying an Efes in the airport bar as I wait for my flight to Baku, Azerbaijan. I dare say I’ll get shot for this but I’m country over club every day. COME ON WALES!!!

Stansted on Tuesday was fine. Free drop off and ferry bus to the airport itself. Through security in fifteen minutes. No queue at the airport bar for a San Miguel. Leaving Sabiha Gokcen was fine too. I’m currently enjoying an Efes in the airport bar as I wait for my flight to Baku, Azerbaijan. I dare say I’ll get shot for this but I’m country over club every day. COME ON WALES!!!
Just like your country manager......oh wait.....As you were

Atlanta is a fucking disgrace.

We had 2 hours to connect from a Virgin flight to Delta from Atlanta to Puerto Rico. The queue was enormous, the private company in charge of ‘the line’ would not let us go further forward so we were at serious risk of missing the flight to PR and as a result then the 4 days in Nevis we booked

A bloke further forward let us go in front of him as did 3 others at the passport check but loads of people behind us got the hump and started moaning we jumped the queue - if on the off chance any of you are reading this. You are all cunts. Those people were not in danger of missing their flight, me, Mrs Hef and the little one were. I’m not entirely sure what there problem was

Sorry for the rant

On a wider point. If the US want to make their citizens more safe, fingerprinting holiday makers probably isn’t the best way. Stop selling guns in supermarkets would be a better place to start

Travelled from Manchester to Orlando a few weeks ago and - perhaps naively - paid for fast-track security. Jesus fucking Christ, rarely have I ever been caught in the midst of such a chaotic and disorganised mess. Great airport for exercise, though, especially walking between terminals via a huge plastic tube that was leaking like a sieve!!!

Atlanta is a fucking disgrace.

We had 2 hours to connect from a Virgin flight to Delta from Atlanta to Puerto Rico. The queue was enormous, the private company in charge of ‘the line’ would not let us go further forward so we were at serious risk of missing the flight to PR and as a result then the 4 days in Nevis we booked

A bloke further forward let us go in front of him as did 3 others at the passport check but loads of people behind us got the hump and started moaning we jumped the queue - if on the off chance any of you are reading this. You are all cunts. Those people were not in danger of missing their flight, me, Mrs Hef and the little one were. I’m not entirely sure what there problem was

Sorry for the rant

On a wider point. If the US want to make their citizens more safe, fingerprinting holiday makers probably isn’t the best way. Stop selling guns in supermarkets would be a better place to start

I was in the US last summer and had an internal connection in Philly. My US colleague suggested changing the scheduled 1 hour stop for 4 hours. Local knowledge suggesting that 1 hour is rarely enough yet the airline systems will give you as little as 45 mins sometimes to get off 1 plane and on to another. And you know if you dont make that plane you will never see your bags again.

its up by the depatrture gates on the top floor ,looking at the runway on the right at the end, beer garden aswell ;-), have a good one
Cheers, as we left the airport I spotted greenery and glass sides.

Not looking forward to returning next Wednesday but it'll soften the blow.

Ended up in a bar 'Flintstone' run by a blue from Moss Side yesterday. Most unexpected City stuff all over.

Sat in it right now. God, but what a dump!

As far as really big airports go, though, Roissy/Charles de Gaulle is the most obnoxious airport I've come across on the planet. Everything, absolute everything, is designed to get you to spend money that you don't need or want to be spending. And the distances between terminals are insane.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.