Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

I can go through security 5/6 times a day and the security staff are fine, a few things need to be ironed out eg food ect,eg beans are allowed through but spaghetti hoops aren't ?, depends who you get on the day,

the problem people have at the airport is usually down to themselves,who in their right mind would get wankered at 4am just because they are going on holiday and im not talking about the younger people,also a lot of people suffer from loss of brain function when they get to the airport ,normal intelligent people turn into blithering idiots get frustrated and shout about the most peculiar things you wouldn't believe, ive even seen a captain punched by a 20 something year old woman ,people stand next to the plane and because they are outside think ill have a ciggie,great idea stood next to an aircraft loaded with 10 tonne of fuel.

Manchester airport is far from perfect,but its work and it pays the bills and to tell you the truth I enjoy going into work everyday

Never understood people who get bladdered at the airport. Fair enough if they have a fear of flying, but there’s certainly a high number of dickheads that think getting leathered at airport is the cool thing to do. Love it when you get off the plane on the other side of the world and they’re hanging out of their arses.

Never understood people who get bladdered at the airport. Fair enough if they have a fear of flying, but there’s certainly a high number of dickheads that think getting leathered at airport is the cool thing to do. Love it when you get off the plane on the other side of the world and they’re hanging out of their arses.

I cant understand people getting bladdered and acting up anywhere but it seems to be the norm these days so why they would be any different at the airport i can't imagine.

Had a week in the States recently. Flew into Philadelphia, which I started a thread about as it was brilliant and not for the first time. Flew from there to Pittsburgh, then out of Pittsburgh at the end of the week. That was excellent as well. Flew into Heathrow T5 which was OK-ish. Not terrible but certainly not fantastic. Finally into T3 at Manchester. So go to collect luggage at the carousel which isn't anywhere near big enough to accommodate everyone waiting so people were pushing & shoving to get to their luggage, which arrived in dribs and drabs and took far longer than either of the US airports.

Had a week in the States recently. Flew into Philadelphia, which I started a thread about as it was brilliant and not for the first time. Flew from there to Pittsburgh, then out of Pittsburgh at the end of the week. That was excellent as well. Flew into Heathrow T5 which was OK-ish. Not terrible but certainly not fantastic. Finally into T3 at Manchester. So go to collect luggage at the carousel which isn't anywhere near big enough to accommodate everyone waiting so people were pushing & shoving to get to their luggage, which arrived in dribs and drabs and took far longer than either of the US airports.

Heathrow Terminal 2 carousel is ridiculous. One of them automated ones which the bags comes up an elevator to meet the carousel. Once the carousel gets too busy, the sensors start to fuck up meaning a whole bunch of bags get tangled in a mess. Myself and about 5 other blokes were sorting out the bags as we would have been there for hours if we didn’t.

everywhere i go always seems better organised & better prepared....even in the Winter when arriving back on a late flight its like fuckin martians have just landed...like 'where the fuck have this lot just come from'....like its not a scheduled flight,,,then the chaos at passport control where their still insisting in using them crackpot passport scanning machines the rest of Europe seems to have given up on where half dont work & have a member of staff balling their head off at how to work the bastard thing...then another 30 mins at the carousel......if you're lucky....

Easily the worst I’ve ever used, constant security queues along with the worlds biggest queues anywhere you need to go once inside. When I went away in the summer the Burger King had a 40 minute wait for food. How can a “fast food” outlet have such a wait in such a time restricted location.

Arriving home is never fun, always about 5 flights touching down at the same time only to be bottlenecked into passport control, where they will have one highly unmotivated individual checking the passports and another shouting at you on how to use the machines.

Easily the worst I’ve ever used, constant security queues along with the worlds biggest queues anywhere you need to go once inside. When I went away in the summer the Burger King had a 40 minute wait for food. How can a “fast food” outlet have such a wait in such a time restricted location.

Arriving home is never fun, always about 5 flights touching down at the same time only to be bottlenecked into passport control, where they will have one highly unmotivated individual checking the passports and another shouting at you on how to use the machines.
Jeez. You come across as the type who goes on trip advisor and complains that the hotel curtains were the wrong colour for your liking. I've traveled abroad and been in many airports, and Manchester is one of the better ones I've been in tbh. It has it's faults but every airport does, especially in holiday season.

Jeez. You come across as the type who goes on trip advisor and complains that the hotel curtains were the wrong colour for your liking. I've traveled abroad and been in many airports, and Manchester is one of the better ones I've been in tbh. It has it's faults but every airport does, especially in holiday season.

No, just the type who doesn’t enjoy queuing constantly due to the airport being poorly run. It’s a big thread about it with many saying the same. Not every airport has its faults, that’s an easy reply. Most airports are much better run than Manchester sadly. That’s also the reason it’s always appearing in the uks worst airports rankings.

No, just the type who doesn’t enjoy queuing constantly due to the airport being poorly run. It’s a big thread about it with many saying the same. Not every airport has its faults, that’s an easy reply. Most airports are much better run than Manchester sadly. That’s also the reason it’s always appearing in the uks worst airports rankings.
"Not every airport has it's faults", which airports? None are fault free I've been to.

I'm an experienced traveller abroad and it definitely helps in not getting too stressed on things not going to plan. Like I said MCR airport has it's faults, the pick up drop off charges are a total rip off and my biggest gripe. I agree about the bottleneck at passport control, needs sorting to streamline queues to appease irate travellers. But Burger king wouldn't bother me as i usually go to Boots for a meal deal.

I came back off holiday last Friday and had no problems whatsoever from landing to exiting the airport. But I've I've also been held up and delayed several times, especially when the French have their perennial strikes. That is our of Manchester airport control unfortunately.

"Not every airport has it's faults", which airports? None are fault free I've been to.

I'm an experienced traveller abroad and it definitely helps in not getting too stressed on things not going to plan. Like I said MCR airport has it's faults, the pick up drop off charges are a total rip off and my biggest gripe. I agree about the bottleneck at passport control, needs sorting to streamline queues to appease irate travellers. But Burger king wouldn't bother me as i usually go to Boots for a meal deal.

I came back off holiday last Friday and had no problems whatsoever from landing to exiting the airport. But I've I've also been held up and delayed several times, especially when the French have their perennial strikes. That is our of Manchester airport control unfortunately.

I didn’t mean fault free, I meant it’s not a reason to defend Manchester. An airport I’ve flew from and to hundreds of times and very rarely hassle free. Burger King isn’t a reason it’s shit. It was one of many reasons it’s not run properly and an example of the many minutes wasted in there queuing. 40 mins to wait for a food when everyone’s time is very limited is absurd. Just because you go boots doesn’t mean it’s alright. Would you wait 40 minutes in boots for your overpriced sandwich? I doubt it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.