Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

AAVMF5F.img

I hope they don`t find who took this picture.

Flying out of T2 with Jet2 on the 28th for a few days in Fuengirola with some mates. Does anyone know if there are similar issues at T2 or is it mainly T1?
T2 seems to be running smoothly, in fact it's running under capacity. Shops are closing mid afternoon due to lack of passengers
I'm going there on the 26th. Have booked in online last week and paid for priority boarding etc. Hope it improves over the next couple of weeks
Priority boarding doesn't get you through security quicker
You have to book "security fast track"

Flew to Mallorca yesterday from Manchester, and was fearing the worst after seeing some of the reports. Tried to get Fast Track tickets but all week it said none were available, then on Friday night luckily managed to get some. Turned up at the airport three hours early for the flight and even though things were a bit chaotic got through bag drop and security in about 45 mins, which was good. Fast track definitely made a difference so would recommend if you can get them. It’s a scam really, but I’d rather spend a fiver not to be stood in a queue for a few hours. As it turned out our flight ended up being delayed for a few hours anyway (not due to Manchester Airport) but at least it meant I got to watch the City game.
The fast track is a scam but in the current climate really makes sense especially if you are travelling with your kids. Your timing's perfect as it looks like you are to be blessed with good weather to change this Wednesday and Thursday with averages of 21c.

The last three weeks in Majorca have been poor to middling so maybe there's something to be said for global warming climate effects. We have had a quite a few pleasant days of around 18c but the general consensus has been cold wet and windy with waves over 10 feet high. I went for my 7am wobble down the coast road this morning whilst the wife slept in and the wind for lack of a better word was "bracing". Weather forecasters said 11c but the wind chill made it feel more like 8c.

Anyway I'm rambling so I won't except to say I hope you have a nice holiday as you've had to wait a good few years for it to come your way. If I remember rightly it was Pathos you were originally destined pre-Covid.

We brought 6 bottles of Amber Solaire with us and are still on bottle one but as mentioned it is changing with pool weather imminent.

Taken this morning on my speed walk with the sea decidedly calmer than last week

c5Gb0fU.jpg

Bit of work to do with the beach to retain it's Blue Flag signature. If only you could bottle sea-weed!

H70NBxS.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ric
It's hand luggage that's causing all the problems at security
Really, mine went through in 2 minutes last week. They forgot about Mrs Unicorns's laptop set over to the side but that was laxness not volume.

Everyone takes some form of hand luggage on board, no way they're stopping that. I wouldn't fly at all if I had to queue at a desk to check in bags.

Flying to Jersey at end of May so will get a second chance to see how bad it is.

It's hand luggage that's causing all the problems at security
It's not the hand luggage as such it's communication of the security staff and a lack of understanding on the part of the passengers.

If your luggage packed in accordance with the regs, and you take your belt off, watch/jewellery off, empty your pockets, and stick your loose items and belt in a small bag in the top of your carry on BEFORE you get to the front of the queue. Then you can just lob your bag and shoes in a tray and security becomes a doddle for everyone. Especially if you quickly slip your shoes on, grab your bag, put your trays away and move away from the conveyor before sorting yourself out.

It's when the knob heads at the front of the queue are surprised that they have to empty their pockets and take their belt and shoes off that you get problems. It would help if the security staff communicated this to the people in the line.

8 Expert TSA Tips to Get Through Airport Security Faster – Eagle Creek

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.