Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

There are these people but the situation is categorically not the result of them. It’s a contributory factor but it always is.

there isn’t actually any need to remove shoes, liquids, put things in separate trays so those running the security are making it far harder and slower than it needs to be as well.
remove shoes, the shoe bomber
liquids and laptops ,wiring and explosives

i go through security many times in a day, and if some knobhead(staff) doesn't get their shit together then it takes longer than it should, we get liquids removed , ive seen a pilot lose his yogurt ffs, lighters in a bag ect ect, it is down to lack of trained staff though .

I did hear right although having seen the news and read that article l am still not sure how they and the fire brigade are to be used in some form of casual labour.
A daft idea from Burnham. It's one thing government using the army in peace for various duties but taking the emergency services away from their normal work is barmy. At least he's not got his eyes on the ambulance service.
i presume the police would do the security , not sure about the fire brigade ,maybe if someones having a cheeky smoke they will extinguish them :)

cant see it happening, they have far more important jobs to do than appeasing some frustrated passengers

There are these people but the situation is categorically not the result of them. It’s a contributory factor but it always is.

there isn’t actually any need to remove shoes, liquids, put things in separate trays so those running the security are making it far harder and slower than it needs to be as well.
Certain items DO need to be separated as it makes it easier for the scanner operator to identify the items within the trays. If it becomes difficult to identify items within a bag/tray then a hand search will be required to clear the bag airside. This is a major factor in causing hold-ups as their is usually only one bag searcher per scanner. Once that bag searcher is occupied searching a bag the conveyor backs up, especially if there is more than one bag to search.

I did hear right although having seen the news and read that article l am still not sure how they and the fire brigade are to be used in some form of casual labour.
A daft idea from Burnham. It's one thing government using the army in peace for various duties but taking the emergency services away from their normal work is barmy. At least he's not got his eyes on the ambulance service.
Remember the London Olympics when G4S couldn't get their sh*t together and the military were called in to bail them out?

i presume the police would do the security , not sure about the fire brigade ,maybe if someones having a cheeky smoke they will extinguish them :)

cant see it happening, they have far more important jobs to do than appeasing some frustrated passengers
It won't happen. Burnham hasn't been in the news for 3 days so he had to say something. This makes it look like he's one of us, a man of the people, yeh right.

Reading through some of the comments on twitter that mention Manchester Airport there seems to be a huge divide between the terminals. Terminal 1 is absolute chaos and where the issues are, Terminal 2 appears relatively calm!

Reading through some of the comments on twitter that mention Manchester Airport there seems to be a huge divide between the terminals. Terminal 1 is absolute chaos and where the issues are, Terminal 2 appears relatively calm!
I would imagine that that is because most T2 passengers check in their cases, complete with liquids etc, and then just take a small cabin bag through security. T1 will feature a lot of EasyJet and Ryanair passengers who take their cases through security.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.