Is Mourinho really that special?

Ricster

For me Mancini is the right man for the job. I wasn't a fan of Mancini when he was in Italy, even though he won plenty of trophies, but i saw it as Inter were the only team with quality throughout the team. But i can see what Mancini is trying to do at City with someone else's team.

People who are pro Mourinho obviously haven't been keepin upto date with how Inter are getting on in Serie A. With players like Milito, Eto'o, Stankovic, Sniejder, Pandev and Ballotelli, all creative and attacking to choose from you'd expect better results recently than these.

Roma 2-1 Inter
Palermo 1-1 Inter
Catania 3-1 Inter
Inter 0-0 Genoa
Udinese 2-3 Inter
Inter 0-0 Sampdoria
Napoli 0-0 Inter
Parma 1-1 Inter

The last game mentioned there dates back to 10/02/10 and the only convincing win within almost 2 months was a 3-0 home win to Livorno, the only league fixture i havent included within the time scale.

Ricster said:
For me Mancini is the right man for the job. I wasn't a fan of Mancini when he was in Italy, even though he won plenty of trophies, but i saw it as Inter were the only team with quality throughout the team. But i can see what Mancini is trying to do at City with someone else's team.

People who are pro Mourinho obviously haven't been keepin upto date with how Inter are getting on in Serie A. With players like Milito, Eto'o, Stankovic, Sniejder, Pandev and Ballotelli, all creative and attacking to choose from you'd expect better results recently than these.

Roma 2-1 Inter
Palermo 1-1 Inter
Catania 3-1 Inter
Inter 0-0 Genoa
Udinese 2-3 Inter
Inter 0-0 Sampdoria
Napoli 0-0 Inter
Parma 1-1 Inter

The last game mentioned there dates back to 10/02/10 and the only convincing win within almost 2 months was a 3-0 home win to Livorno, the only league fixture i havent included within the time scale.

Jm is Special

2vvkies.jpg

Yes because he can do this

He's very good.

But then so is Mancini.

Mancini is every bit Ancelottis equal, and it looks like Carlo could win the premier.

Whether he's special or not, I just can't see him as a Manchester City manager. He doesn't seem to fit the mould.
I've said before and I'll say it again, he's always struck me as the sort of person who doesn't seem to want to settle anywhere for any great length of time. He just seems to want to nip in, win a title or cup, then move on to the next club and repeat the trick.

Essentially he's all about himself.

On the one hand I'd love him to come here and win us a couple of trophies, but on the other I feel he'd just get bored after a while and move onto another club where he can consolidate his standing within the game.

So, a good, successful manager he might be. But a Man City manager?

I'm not so sure.

If mancini were to leave then i would like him here. But if mancini wants to stay id keep him hes very good. and let him build hes own team

Wouldn't the more pertinent thread title be "Is Mancini really that special" - after all, we're on a streak of three wins in 10 games. That's hardly "special" on the face of it either...

The point I make is that taking those results in isolation doesn't prove anything one way or the other. Mourinho is a winner, Mancini is a winner, etc. etc. etc.

In the end we will not be deciding either manager's future, but it's churlish to question the record of either manager. They are both in fact very special, which is why they have so much silverware at such a young age in management terms...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.