Is Mourinho really that special?

GTKirchoff said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I've posted before and I'll post it again...

Don't underestimate what good a few trophies would do Manchester City in terms of morale, world profile and ability to attract players.

The way you're talking, you'd refuse to go out with Kylie Minogue because there was a chance she'd dump you.

If she dumps you, go out and chat up a supermodel. There's much more chance of her going out with you after you've been knobbing Kylie.

You miss out another part of that analogy. you're already knobbing Scarlett Johansen who is with you for life, do you dump her to knob Kylie once?

In this instance I'd say both you and Scarlett Johansen have agreed it's just a fling.

And word on the street is that Kylie's about to split up with her lover. There are stories from good sources that she's already beem texting suggestively ;-)

GTKirchoff said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I've posted before and I'll post it again...

Don't underestimate what good a few trophies would do Manchester City in terms of morale, world profile and ability to attract players.

The way you're talking, you'd refuse to go out with Kylie Minogue because there was a chance she'd dump you.

If she dumps you, go out and chat up a supermodel. There's much more chance of her going out with you after you've been knobbing Kylie.

You miss out another part of that analogy. you're already knobbing Scarlett Johansen who is with you for life, do you dump her to knob Kylie once?

Despite the rather sexist analogy going on here. I think this hits the crux of it. If RM is here for 10 years builds something a la Wenger at Arsenal but with more cash wins three league titles and maybe something larger, would you sacrifice that for the temporry success JM would undoubtedly bring.

He'd be ok for the quick fix such as a couple of trophies to whet the appetite, but Mourinho is not a stayer, and I would want someone who would stay for at least the average time of Moyes, FergieMk1 and FergieMk2, 'bout twelve or thirteen years! As Jose been anywhere for that length of time?

Didsbury Dave said:
GTKirchoff said:

In this instance I'd say both you and Scarlett Johansen have agreed it's just a fling.

And word on the street is that Kylie's about to split up with her lover. There are stories from good sources that she's already beem texting suggestively ;-)

Cant believe Didsbury Dave's been flirt txting with Kylie....Is he Vernon Kay in disguise!

robbieh said:
GTKirchoff said:

Despite the rather sexist analogy going on here. I think this hits the crux of it. If RM is here for 10 years builds something a la Wenger at Arsenal but with more cash wins three league titles and maybe something larger, would you sacrifice that for the temporry success JM would undoubtedly bring.

"Sexist" hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Heard it all now.

If you started going out with someone and were head over heels in love, would you agree in advance to both sit down and review the situation in 6 months time?<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:38 pm --<br /><br />
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
a couple of trophies to whet the appetite,

Whet the appetite?

I'd sell me Gran for a "couple of trophies".

I could die a happy man.

a shocking Roma side will win the league this year, so no he isn't special.

Mancini > Mourinho

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.