Is Mourinho really that special?

The man that can get a City side:

a) playing cohesively
b) playing consistently well
c) challenging for honours

is a GOD.

But, not sure if that individual exists to be honest!

Ricster said:
For me Mancini is the right man for the job. I wasn't a fan of Mancini when he was in Italy, even though he won plenty of trophies, but i saw it as Inter were the only team with quality throughout the team. But i can see what Mancini is trying to do at City with someone else's team.

People who are pro Mourinho obviously haven't been keepin upto date with how Inter are getting on in Serie A. With players like Milito, Eto'o, Stankovic, Sniejder, Pandev and Ballotelli, all creative and attacking to choose from you'd expect better results recently than these.

Roma 2-1 Inter
Palermo 1-1 Inter
Catania 3-1 Inter
Inter 0-0 Genoa
Udinese 2-3 Inter
Inter 0-0 Sampdoria
Napoli 0-0 Inter
Parma 1-1 Inter

The last game mentioned there dates back to 10/02/10 and the only convincing win within almost 2 months was a 3-0 home win to Livorno, the only league fixture i havent included within the time scale.

Is Mourinho really that special?

he is special because of his overall record, and he is still top of seria a.

BillyShears said:
Wouldn't the more pertinent thread title be "Is Mancini really that special" - after all, we're on a streak of three wins in 10 games. That's hardly "special" on the face of it either...

The point I make is that taking those results in isolation doesn't prove anything one way or the other. Mourinho is a winner, Mancini is a winner, etc. etc. etc.

In the end we will not be deciding either manager's future, but it's churlish to question the record of either manager. They are both in fact very special, which is why they have so much silverware at such a young age in management terms...

Haven't often praised you Billy. But that last paragraph sums it up very nicely indeed. We may not have the best young manager in the business as obviously Guardiola and Mourinho have a good shout. But we have a better manager than most clubs in Europe so lets let him get on with it. And he is young. And Italian. Which is quite a good pedigree when you think of all the great coaches they have produced over the years. Bit like the Scots. Sadly.

Mourinho is undoubtedly special; a born winner. Mancini is also special in my view as he too is a born winner.

Real tough one to call as who would not want Mourinho if he was available? That said though, I think Mancini has the ability to match Mourinho and I would hate to lose him. I'd love for him to have the opportunity to build a team for us.

I have to agree as well that Mourinho isn't in it for the long haul and after 3 (no doubt very successful) years he'd be off and we'd be heartbroke. Couldn't be doing with that.

Stick with Mancini and really build something is my opinion.

Forza Mancini, forza celesti.

robbieh said:
BillyShears said:
Wouldn't the more pertinent thread title be "Is Mancini really that special" - after all, we're on a streak of three wins in 10 games. That's hardly "special" on the face of it either...

The point I make is that taking those results in isolation doesn't prove anything one way or the other. Mourinho is a winner, Mancini is a winner, etc. etc. etc.

In the end we will not be deciding either manager's future, but it's churlish to question the record of either manager. They are both in fact very special, which is why they have so much silverware at such a young age in management terms...

Haven't often praised you Billy. But that last paragraph sums it up very nicely indeed. We may not have the best young manager in the business as obviously Guardiola and Mourinho have a good shout. But we have a better manager than most clubs in Europe so lets let him get on with it. And he is young. And Italian. Which is quite a good pedigree when you think of all the great coaches they have produced over the years. Bit like the Scots. Sadly.

I think that we all have to be very grateful that a manager of Mancini's stature wants to come and join in and be a part of the success that is just round the corner.

Barry Conlons wig said:
robbieh said:

I think that we all have to be very grateful that a manager of Mancini's stature wants to come and join in and be a part of the success that is just round the corner.
all well and good but if we dont attack we wont get a corner.

strongbowholic said:
I have to agree as well that Mourinho isn't in it for the long haul and after 3 (no doubt very successful) years he'd be off and we'd be heartbroke. Couldn't be doing with that.

I've posted before and I'll post it again...

Don't underestimate what good a few trophies would do Manchester City in terms of morale, world profile and ability to attract players.

The way you're talking, you'd refuse to go out with Kylie Minogue because there was a chance she'd dump you.

If she dumps you, go out and chat up a supermodel. There's much more chance of her going out with you after you've been knobbing Kylie.

Didsbury Dave said:
strongbowholic said:

I've posted before and I'll post it again...

Don't underestimate what good a few trophies would do Manchester City in terms of morale, world profile and ability to attract players.

The way you're talking, you'd refuse to go out with Kylie Minogue because there was a chance she'd dump you.

If she dumps you, go out and chat up a supermodel. There's much more chance of her going out with you after you've been knobbing Kylie.

You miss out another part of that analogy. you're already knobbing Scarlett Johansen who is with you for life, do you dump her to knob Kylie once?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.