Is Neville the best pundit on sky?

Four pages and no-ones mentioned this chap:

jimmy_hill.jpg

He even has his own song:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laDlpDsWdiE[/youtube]

Re: Neville: on diving.

How about foreign referees? I doubt foreign referees, who obviously can speak English, have an agenda or support any team in this country.

Dont watch sky anymore but would have a bet thats he is definitely favourite to win the inter channel Ugliest Rat Face **** cup on his debut season

Young said:
How about foreign referees? I doubt foreign referees, who obviously can speak English, have an agenda or support any team in this country.

I wouldn't mind that though the media/FA would go insane. Because how dare we get foreign Refs in our beautiful game where it's best players are foreign, best managers are foreign, and all the money is from foreign owners. Rule Britannia and all that.

Glyn said:
Hate to admit it, but Ratboy is the most incisive and un-biased pundit Sky have ever had.
Give it time mate, he's only just started. Ask yourself how impartial he was with his analysis of the Ashley Young Swallow Dive.

hgblue said:
stonerblue said:
super_city_si said:
trouble is by this rule, Tevez would have been off last saturday. If you are giving straight reds, the video review is required.

It's a good point Si but they have to start somewhere. If Tevez had been sent off it would have been unfair but, it would make other players think twice about going down so easily.

Has to be retrospective because:
1. I don't trust the current crop of referees to know the difference between a dive and a player who's been tripped (as the past couple of weeks have proved).
2. I don't trust the current crop of referees not to use this as an opportunity to send players off.
I'd take this out of their incapable hands completely, and have a panel of former players looking through the weekends suspected dives, and handing down 3 game bans to all those found guilty. Would stamp it out in two weeks.

To see the trouble with this call for retrospective action all you need to do is look at the numerous red cards this season that we all believe should have been rescinded and haven't been. I can think of about five just off the top of my head and I bet there are many, many more than I can recall right now. For this panel process to be transparent it needs to make public its decision making process and I can never see that happening.

Can't work out what the solution is but as much as I don't trust the refs to get it right neither do I trust the panel.

I agree with what Neville says. He's very sensible, and always argues his case well, so even if you disagree with it, you can't deny that its well backed up. Makes a great change from cliches and soundbites, and innane comments like "he's got a cultured left foot" and "for a big man, he's got good feet".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.