Is our cycle of dominance coming to an end?

There has been some poor mismanagement of the footballing side of City in the last few years IMO.

We have gone from a position of absolute strength in 2018 to looking quite ropey 2 years down the line.

Bad decisions have been made in that time and I genuinely think Pep is bigger than the club, which

Our dominance hasn't started yet, we still need to conquer Europe ;-) On a serious note though, no. We finished second because of injuries to key players and some suspect decisions both against us and for others last season and still scored over 100 goals. We are the best footballing team on these shores. All thats happening is others are improving, we are not declining. Not replacing King Kompany didn't help either! Don't forget our league has been poor other than us a Liverpool for a few years. I'm looking forward to a more competitive season. We need to be challenged every year.

There has been some poor mismanagement of the footballing side of City in the last few years IMO.

We have gone from a position of absolute strength in 2018 to looking quite ropey 2 years down the line.

Bad decisions have been made in that time and I genuinely think Pep is bigger than the club, which isn't great.
2 years?! We literally won the title with 98 points the season before this one! We won a bloody quadruple! How on earth have we looked ropey? Madness! Why reinvent history like we've had 'issues' prior to this last season?

I think one or two need a reality check ,
We’re heading into a new season with a chance to win every pot what’s put in front of us .
Manchester City football club are now in the running to win all what’s put in front of us I still now pinch myself to ask is this still happening?
people asking questions of pep ? And the clubs requirements ?
some need to take stock and look into our recent history Alan ball, frank clark ?
we have pep c’mon please let’s take a look of where we are .
No one will ever be bigger than the club apart from us the fans who look forward to the future but don’t ever forget the recent past.

I don't think in all honesty we had an "era" of dominance. I doubt many teams could dominate over the Ferguson United years as well as this Livarpool side. The reason is we are so highly regarded is we overcame Ferguson and help off a superb Liverpool side. Not many managers can say they could've done it and I'm sure Klopp would day he'd dominate if it wasn't for that pesky Pep!

We had a bad season last year no doubt about it. Over the last 12 years or so were bound to have the odd stinker but the club is exceptionally well run. We are unfortunate that if you buy Aguero, Silva, Kompany tither they will all retire together and frankly are irreplaceable and are regarded as some of the finest players ever to play in England.

Pep and the club know the score. I'm sure we'll be back up top in the next season or so. And 10 years from now I'm sure we will have MANY more trophies. Judged over 20 years we will be VERY happy I'm sure.

2 years?! We literally won the title with 98 points the season before this one! We won a bloody quadruple! How on earth have we looked ropey? Madness! Why reinvent history like we've had 'issues' prior to this last season?
Can you not read?" 2 years down the line"

We have had plenty of issues with recruitment and we felt the effect of it last season. Not replacing Kompany, still not solving the left back position out, not getting in a proper striker ready to take over from Aguero. All this stuff should be foreseen by a quality director of football

The term would need defining to answer correctly...winning everything...top 4. AF used to say a good season was one trophy.

In general the answer is no...there are no signs of it in the team's analytics of any decline whatsoever and everything else is a subjective guess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.