Is our scouting system falling apart?

SharstonBlue

With Mike Rigg joing QPR as their new technical director with a mandate to reinvigorate their international scouting system, and Brendan Rodgers recruiting both Barry Hunter and Dave Fallows from our scouting team, where does that leave us?

Is this a concern for us, do we have replacements, is our scouting system in safe hands?

Was thinking about that too the other day. And still we have no CEO right?
I'm hoping we are after the very biggest names out there for each position.

Matt the Giant said:
Was thinking about that too the other day. And still we have no CEO right?
I'm hoping we are after the very biggest names out there for each position.

it`s a definite concern.

we do however seems to be getting everything else right so maybe it a storm in a teacup

Rigg was promised the top job by Hughes and obviously when he left he was never going to get that, so he was just biding his time before he joined Hughes again.

We're not scouring the lower leagues for unpolished diamonds any more, we don't need 15 scouts to say "Eh gaffer that Messi's fucking good"

The whole scouting network,EDS and all reserve and youth teams need a major overhaul if we are going to get anything like the best out of the new World class training complex that will be built shortly.

for me i would break the bank to get Pep Guardiola in to run it from top top bottom,much like Barcelona did in giving Cruyff a free role in the way he introduced the Dutch total football ethics at Barcelona,the tiki-taka style of football that has seen Barcelona become the best footballing club side the World has seen at all playing levels.

One thing is for sure,our owners recognise that youth development is the future and that only the best staff and coaches and patience can make it reality.What can be better than having Mancunian born and bred players tearing it up in Europe?We can become the new Catalonians!!!

We really can lead the way in English football,much like Ajax did for Holland and obviously the Barcelona did in Spain.

Very very important decisions to be made in this respect,get it wrong and the training camp will go round in circles.

Exciting times ahead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.