Is our scouting system falling apart?

Hamann Pineapple said:
We're not scouring the lower leagues for unpolished diamonds any more, we don't need 15 scouts to say "Eh gaffer that Messi's fucking good"
I disagree with this. We should be scouring all the lower leagues and especially youth set-ups. Understanding who are world class players is pretty simple, pretty much everyone agrees on who they are, within reason.

Bringing in promising youths or spotting cheap, outstanding 18-19 year old buys should be high on our priority list and we need a lot of scouts for that scope. Thiss eez important, especially when we have a training complex and system that can cope with 400+ potential future city players.

CTID1 said:
Matt the Giant said:
Was thinking about that too the other day. And still we have no CEO right?
I'm hoping we are after the very biggest names out there for each position.

Though we'd hired Tom Glick as CEO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18256377

Not right, he has been appointed COO not CEO which is somewhat different.It depends on the job description but I got the impressiion that he woukld have most responsibilty on the finacial side.

blueyorkie said:
CTID1 said:
Matt the Giant said:
Was thinking about that too the other day. And still we have no CEO right?
I'm hoping we are after the very biggest names out there for each position.

Though we'd hired Tom Glick as CEO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18256377

Not right, he has been appointed COO not CEO which is somewhat different.It depends on the job description but I got the impressiion that he woukld have most responsibilty on the finacial side.

Never knew of a COO before. I see what your saying though.

Bluebee2 said:
Rigg was promised the top job by Hughes and obviously when he left he was never going to get that, so he was just biding his time before he joined Hughes again.

Yep and good riddance to him.

bluemoondays said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
We're not scouring the lower leagues for unpolished diamonds any more, we don't need 15 scouts to say "Eh gaffer that Messi's fucking good"
I disagree with this. We should be scouring all the lower leagues and especially youth set-ups. Understanding who are world class players is pretty simple, pretty much everyone agrees on who they are, within reason.

Bringing in promising youths or spotting cheap, outstanding 18-19 year old buys should be high on our priority list and we need a lot of scouts for that scope. Thiss eez important, especially when we have a training complex and system that can cope with 400+ potential future city players.

Chaps chaps less of the bickering one you need in good scouting system is eyes in the back of your *rse. Its all well and good sucking your own c*ck and creating this this Neverland where you nurcher all your own players from babies. But there is always gonna talent that slips through the net.

The trick is that by having this academy when ever you tap up these young kids in whether that be lower leaugue or abroad, that they will want to come to us because we have the best facility and staff to develop their tallents.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.