Is our squad stronger or weaker than last year?

What do you think?

• Total voters
Stronger, in my opinion barring a disaster and not getting in a high level left back.

We’ve got stronger options in attack, depth out wide, the midfield is class (and Kalvin should be a strong replacement for an ageing Dinho).

We’ve got Palmer and potentially McAtee/Delap on the fringes and getting more experience due to the 5 subs.

A back up keeper I’m looking forward to seeing in the cups, 4 great centre half options, two excellent full backs, like I say get one left footed full back and we’ll be laughing.

I’m really looking forward to seeing this team develop.
U

If you take a sample of 11 games in the PL for both seasons and some statistical facts, we are not only weaker, I would say we are considerably weaker. And I've seen all eleven games in both seasons and I would say we are not even close to be good tactically compared how we looked last season.

The Haaland factor is obvious in the goals scored and that is only statistical factor that's better this season. We are scoring 3.2 goals per game compared to two the season before.
But then we are shipping a goal per game compared to almost a goal every odd game from the last season. Seven clean sheets 21/22 compared to five 22/23.

Yes, we have slightly better overall record in points so far, but the average table position of the teams we have played so far this season is 12.1, and it was 9.5 last season. And what bothers me is the last season in the first 11 games we played 5 out of so called top six and our record was 5 3 1 1; this season we've played much weaker Liverpool side and we managed to lose and we duly conceded three against not so much better ManU.

If you take a sample of 11 games in the PL for both seasons and some statistical facts, we are not only weaker, I would say we are considerably weaker. And I've seen all eleven games in both seasons and I would say we are not even close to be good tactically compared how we looked last season.

The Haaland factor is obvious in the goals scored and that is only statistical factor that's better this season. We are scoring 3.2 goals per game compared to two the season before.
But then we are shipping a goal per game compared to almost a goal every odd game from the last season. Seven clean sheets 21/22 compared to five 22/23.

Yes, we have slightly better overall record in points so far, but the average table position of the teams we have played so far this season is 12.1, and it was 9.5 last season. And what bothers me is the last season in the first 11 games we played 5 out of so called top six and our record was 5 3 1 1; this season we've played much weaker Liverpool side and we managed to lose and we duly conceded three against not so much better ManU.
I have the same sense of under achievement also. Not convinced by our current squad and feel Ferns the biggest miss. Alvarez will come good but is not yet at Jesus level and Zinchenko was always reliable. Walker, Laporte and Philips injuries have really exposed us. KDB, Grealish and Mahrez underperforming adds to the mix. Our football isn't as fluent and our performances against better sides unconvincing. Yet, we are in second and won our group. We need to pick it up from here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.