Is our squad stronger or weaker than last year?

What do you think?

• Total voters
I think we’ll be stronger in the long term with the signings we’ve made but maybe weaker this particular season coming, especially the first period up to the World Cup, because I think having two young inexperienced (at Prem level) forwards will take some time for them to bed in and for them to get used to this level.

Not sure we’ll get a left back neither so that could be an issue.

Longer term though, I think we’ll be flying in 2023-24. We’ll definitely have a left back for then.

a lot weaker with experience to be fair and bench options are considerably weaker imo.

I think our new players up front may take a bit of time to bed in.
Hence i have the feeling we'll finally win the CL this season but lose out to Liverpool in the league.

a lot weaker with experience to be fair and bench options are considerably weaker imo.
And Bernardo clearly wants out...doesn't bode well if he stays.. Pep has said 5 years of his voice is probably the max a player can take. Its a very disciplined approach always making sure you are in the correct space in any given situation. I bet bollockings are given even if your 50 yds from play. Could be draining. The exodus is unusual as Pep typically goes first.

Slight weaker 49 out of 100 i think.

Plus side
We freshened the squad
Bought no 9
Replaced ferna
We have got pep - may be like 09 barca who had 18/19 senior player and others are played from academy. May be finally our academy are ready to bring real talents of our level.

Minus side
No lb (till now)
Too many changes 3/4 new faces in a transfer window is a bit too much.
No proper depth like last year
Lost experienced player and bought alvarez and even haaland who are not that epl experienced.
Has to rely on palmer, mcatee and may be academy lb (i m excited though as our academy players will be geting chances)
Need a winger
Liverpool has strengthened as well.
Academy to first team is such a jump. We have only had Foden do it in decades....thats why Chelsea use theirs as an income stream lian out 20 and sell 10 every 18 months.

Well considering the players we got rid of were in the main not prone to frequent injury only time will tell if the squad is as resilient?.
The fact that we sold a versatile left back/midfielder without having a replacement 'in place' is unbelievable. This blind spot has been going on for years now.
Fair play to Pep though if a player wants out, he's gone fairly qujckly. As Dyche used to say '' misery always finds a friend'' i think that is Pep's biggest fear..players who don't want to be there

I think our best 11 is stronger, but overall squad depth is weaker. On balance, I'd prefer a stronger best 11, but it certainly makes me nervous if injuries build up - especially in a WC year

Weaker purely on the basis of only having 2 first team full backs. They can't play every game, we need rotation options.

Big season for Wilson-Esbrand as he will be 4th in the full back rankings at worse.

Midfield and strikers are stronger though.

Weaker because we lost at the weekend even though it was a meaningless friendly

Next time we win a game, all of a sudden it will be stronger than last season

McAtee going on loan, so 5 midfielders for 3 slots.

6 first team defenders for 4 slots.

We’ll have to see how much he plays Palmer but I don’t think it will be much.

It’s definitely weaker, it’s bizarre.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.