Is Pep making too many changes?

King KdB of Belgium

Nearly every game last league season, we heard that Pep rang the changes. Was that part of the problem that we were 18pts behind Livarpool in the league. How many times did Pep make 6 or more changes to his team sheet.

If we want to win the Premier League again I do hope Pep will find his strongest back 4 and keep them together barring injuries. It can't help either CB if he is not partnered with the same CB from game to game. Even the same fullback beside him.

We all remember how Roberto Mancini swapped both his full backs from game to game. However the CB's were always the same barring injuries. Will Pep do the same, if Pep will do that, it could go some way towards us regaining the Premier League Crown.

I do love Pep and I hope that he will be around for along time to come.

Nearly every game last league season, we heard that Pep rang the changes. Was that part of the problem that we were 18pts behind Livarpool in the league. How many times did Pep make 6 or more changes to his team sheet.

If we want to win the Premier League again I do hope Pep will find his strongest back 4 and keep them together barring injuries. It can't help either CB if he is not partnered with the same CB from game to game. Even the same fullback beside him.

We all remember how Roberto Mancini swapped both his full backs from game to game. However the CB's were always the same barring injuries. Will Pep do the same, if Pep will do that, it could go some way towards us regaining the Premier League Crown.

What would your unchanged back 4 have been with the players available last season ?

The days of a "first choice" first 11 or back 4 are pretty much a thing if the past when you're fighting on 4 fronts.
You need everyone fit and hungry knowing they're in with a chance of starting or featuring.
If you're a player we're interested in signing and you see the same player starting in your position every week it will put you off signing if you don't feel you will get regular starts.
If you come to City from a club that isn't competing seriously on all 4 fronts you will get a similar number of games here.
Take Mahrez, lots assumed he would be a back up to Sane and Sterling when he signed but played a similar number of games than he did for Leicester
Same for Ake, the assumption is he will be Laportes back up but he will play as much as he did for Bournemouth but not every game.

Stones,Laporte,Mendy and Zinchenko have spent most of the season out injured Fernadinho could hardly last 90 minutes Garcai was not up to speed Ottamendi probably did not expect to be here, Angelinho did enough to earn a move,but Walker was fit, perhaps too fit Cancelo could not get a game. Pep had a good reason at least this season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.